** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 hours ago, jessica0 said:

TN reached out to Scott Frost (through agent) which we would expect, but was told no. 

So in one post you say agents are just trying to get the biggest salary possible for their clients, and are actively working to get their own clients fired in order to get a pay raise for another.  Now you claim another agent flat out says no to a potential school that he could use as leverage?

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

You don't see what is special about a coach that has beaten Oklahoma and TCU, and has lost to Iowa, Okie State, West Virginia and Texas by a total of 24 points? 

At Iowa State. 

Iowa State. 

It's impossible to do, but if you watch ISU and UCF every week and disregard the name of the coach, ISU is so well coached, prepared, and motivated every Saturday. UCF is a great story, ISU is a miracle. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Makes you wonder if a mutual "agreement" is established and how comes the process of letting/asking UCF know. 

There is a process to all of this but it's a little unclear to me.  Putting together various statements as they appear is like reading tea leaves.  Why did Spurrier say what he did over the weekend when Kelly was their target?  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, jessica0 said:

All I am saying is Chip likely to be announced this week and the AD took another shot at Frost is all that I am saying. I don't know the dates for any of that stuff since it wasn't posted. If Chip does get hired this week it simply means that they failed to land Scott Frost and went with Chip Kelly after mutual interest was established. 

Translation :  You’re trying as hard as possible to make every out come appear as if it’s been predicted.  

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Dont get me wrong I long for the day we finally fire Riley and Frost gets on a plane to Nebraska. But if it is starting to leak that we are talking to Frost- I sure hope the university has enough tact to tell Riley now if they have not already that your fired in 2 weeks.

I think Moos has already discussed it with him. Moos seems to be up front and honest, I doubt he would string Riley along and go after Frost.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Dont get me wrong I long for the day we finally fire Riley and Frost gets on a plane to Nebraska. But if it is starting to leak that we are talking to Frost- I sure hope the university has enough tact to tell Riley now if they have not already that your fired in 2 weeks.

I would say that Riley has probably figured it out a while ago but based on his coaching I’m not sure that’s the case. 

In in all seriousness, I’m sure internal off the record conversations have taken place. My guess is he gets to “step down” at the end of the season

42 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

On a positive note. Assuming Frost is coming here. There was a thought process I saw circulating that, "well this would be a bad time to bring in a new head coach because they will get beat around next year with the brutal 2018 schedule". As horrible as we are this year, even with the tough schedule I would imagine Frost can still surpass a record of 4-8 and improve our record next year. Then be in line for a big jump in record for 2019 with a manageable schedule.

If I'm the next head coach, I approach the 2018 schedule like any other. We're going to play the games we have to play. It doesn't matter if it's a tough or weak schedule. If we get our butts kicked in year one so be it. I think it's ludicrous for some to suggest we're somehow doing the next head coach a favor by letting Riley take that beating in 2018.

• Plus1 2