** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

If true and I was Scott, I would keep it quiet for my current team.  They are playing great and do need disruption.  Remember this is only a rumor.  I will wait until it happens.

Agree 100%.  We haven't officially fired our coach yet, so even if there is an agreement in place, let Frost finish out the regular season with his team with as few as distractions, as possible.

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

If true and I was Scott, I would keep it quiet for my current team.  They are playing great and do need disruption.  Remember this is only a rumor.  I will wait until it happens.

Yep, in due time can be after the regular season is done. Just play the denial game until then. It is only 12 days away. 

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Agree 100%.  We haven't officially fired our coach yet, so even if there is an agreement in place, let Frost finish out the regular season with his team with as few as distractions, as possible.

I would not be surprised to see Riley get fired after the Iowa game and not hire a coach until after the bowl games.  Recruits would probably  know who the coach is before we would.

there were people who honestly believed that Riley was getting fired by monday- normally reliable sources- something changed, it might have been that they were expecting SF's agent to agree in principle on the deal they offered and that has not happened so they are letting MR stay, im not sure that even makes a lot of sense, but there are a lot of components that could have changed and are changing on a day to day basis

Just now, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I would not be surprised to see Riley get fired after the Iowa game and not hire a coach until after the bowl games.  Recruits would probably  know who the coach is before we would.

The coach needs to be named to the public before the bowl games, and preferably that coach needs to be in Lincoln working.  Bowl games are glorified exhibitions, there is no reason to not name a coach just to let him be in the bowl game.