** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Frost may have told them he is staying at UCF before Nebraska offered, or because he didn't want Nebraska deal leaked to press. Either way it doesn't worry me too much. If he doesn't take our offer now he never will. What would waiting 1 year do? If this is his dream job as he has said publicly he won't turn it down 

Good point.

8 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

You mean things can get worse then they are right now?

Well, maybe not worse but no one has rung the bell to officially declare time of death :cowbell:

If people stopped caring at all and not going to games anymore that would be worse.

Edited by runningblind

1 minute ago, runningblind said:

Well, maybe not worse but no one has rung the bell to officially declare time of death :cowbell:

If people stopped caring at all and not going to games anymore that would be worse.

I'm not sure.  Streaks are made to be broken and what this program has become-win at all cost, make really terrible decisions, fire the decision makers, start the whole thing over again-is not a program I admire.  The sellout streak is like a noose and maybe its time to let it go.  

4 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I'm not sure.  Streaks are made to be broken and what this program has become-win at all cost, make really terrible decisions, fire the decision makers, start the whole thing over again-is not a program I admire.  The sellout streak is like a noose and maybe its time to let it go.  

Couldn't disagree more. The passion of this fanbase is the only thing keeping this program afloat. It's the last 'thing' that separates us from almost everybody else. The fans stop caring, and quit showing up, the program is done.

• Plus1 9
3 hours ago, Herbie Husker said:

According to the Blackshirt Alert Show on FB.

"1. Players have been told by the athletic department that coach Riley is gone at the end of the season. 

2. The coaches have lost the team. The coaches insist that nothing is wrong. 

3. Riley and staff are only finishing the season to keep the waters calm. 

4. Players almost unanimously want “Coach Frost” as the next head coach. 

5. Surprisingly this player I talked favorite coach is Diaco."

BS.  That would be a really poor management decision.  What would they do, say, "But it's a secret, so please don't tell anybody?"  The athletic department will meet with the players just before they announce it to the press. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, drfish said:

BS.  That would be a really poor management decision.  What would they do, say, "But it's a secret, so please don't tell anybody?"  The athletic department will meet with the players just before they announce it to the press. 

Or just text them.

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, drfish said:

Correct if this were the case it would have been leaked by 30-40 players by now. 

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Since when is firing people who are not getting the job done trying to win at all costs? To me, win at all cost programs are those to break rules to win.

• Plus1 3