** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

37 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I like this timeline as Moos can meet with the team and Riley when the team gets back from Penn State, and maybe turn the Iowa game into a proper "send-off" for Riley.

I'd be fine with Riley announcing his 'retirement' next Monday, before his last game. Wouldn't surprise me if buyout negotiations are already going on behind the scenes.

Edited by Toe

2 hours ago, husker_fan_from_sweden said:

Nebraska basketball plays UCF basketball on the 23rd. Tom Osborne was born on the 23rd of February. Frost to Nebraska confirmed.

Just curious, has Moos made any statement about the men's basketball team? A legacy that has dipped well below mediocrity basically forever? 

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just curious, has Moos made any statement about the men's basketball team? A legacy that has dipped well below mediocrity basically forever? 

I think he is taking 1 firing at a time. Plus no one gives a s#!t about basketball right now so i dont think any reporter is asking about basketball with everything surrounding football program.

14 minutes ago, Toe said:

I'd be fine with Riley announcing his 'retirement' next Monday, before his last game. Wouldn't surprise me if buyout negotiations are already going on behind the scenes.

Why would there be buyout negotiations? Riley doesn't need to negotiate, he's getting his money either way. What does Riley have to gain?

19 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

The names coming up for the TN job is pretty depressing.......Some names include:

Dan Mullen

Chad Morris

Doug Marrone 

Those would all be slam dunk hires for Tennessee, especially Morris.  He has turned a horrible SMU program in to a competitive one in his short time there.

• Plus1 2
Just now, olddominionhusker said:

If Florida is bidding him up you don’t have much choice

Agreed, if we think he's the "savior" of our football program why does it really matter what he's going to get paid? Especially if he does turn the program around and it is successful. Think of it as an investment. For what Saban is paid the return Alabama is getting is amazing! I'm not saying Frost is Saban by the way, just using him as an example. 

• Plus1 1