** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

I can’t think of a positive way to frame Scott passing on us. The only thing I could see is that he feels he’d fit better in the Big 12/Pac 12.

I keep thinking about those anonymous coach quotes in Athlon this summer. One coach mentioned how Diaco’s mindgames only work when he has the talent. Another coach mentioned how far our job has fallen. I shrugged both those comments off at the time - Frost passing on us would really give me doubts going forward. Especially if we end up with a Mike Leach or Craig Bohl type of hire.

2 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

I can’t think of a positive way to frame Scott passing on us. The only thing I could see is that he feels he’d fit better in the Big 12/Pac 12.

I keep thinking about those anonymous coach quotes in Athlon this summer. One coach mentioned how Diaco’s mindgames only work when he has the talent. Another coach mentioned how far our job has fallen. I shrugged both those comments off at the time - Frost passing on us would really give me doubts going forward. Especially if we end up with a Mike Leach or Craig Bohl type of hire.

I'd have more doubts if Moos wasn't our AD. I really trust the guy to hire a quality coach. The right coach.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I think the best sign that we might have Frost locked up is that we haven't heard any other names gain traction in the rumor mill. You'd think at least another name or two would have come through.

Not only this, but our local media has been very very quiet about mentioning any name other than Scott Frost. OWH writes an article daily about Frost, gotta think they have a hunch who the new coach is.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I think the best sign that we might have Frost locked up is that we haven't heard any other names gain traction in the rumor mill. You'd think at least another name or two would have come through.

It is either that or no one Moos has reached out to is interested.

4 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

You said ‘this summer’. (this past summer) We had come off of a decent second year under Riley and were hopeful that with the addition of Diaco that we would have a great season this year. We weren’t even thinking of hiring Scott at the time so I’m curious as to why you are basing your thoughts that Scott will pass on us based on your impressions from last summer? 

2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

You said ‘this summer’. (this past summer) We had come off of a decent second year under Riley and were hopeful that with the addition of Diaco that we would have a great season this year. We weren’t even thinking of hiring Scott at the time so I’m curious as to why you are basing your thoughts that Scott will pass on us based on your impressions from last summer? 

I’m not saying Scott will pass on us. But people were discussing how Frost passing on us would say more about him than the state of the program.

Athlon had an article over the summer where anonymous coaches said something about each program. Someone said that the Nebraska job isn’t a good job anymore. I’m saying I didn’t think twice about it in the summer, but if Frost passes on us, I’m worried that comment might be more true than I’d like to admit. We will see, I still feel he’s ours.

10 minutes ago, runningblind said:

It is either that or no one Moos has reached out to is interested.

It is posts like this one that make me realize just how much damage has been done to the Husker football program (and its fans) by our past administration. 

I get it, having faith after multiple failures is hard. But the people we have running the show now are a different breed.

Moos will land our guy. 

• Plus1 1