** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

14 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

My beliefs to date as to why Scott Frost will be Nebraska’s next head football coach.

·  Moos appears to be confident and competent.  Has a list of potential candidates.  There has been no smoke from him at all, except praise for Frost.  Hard to think he’d let things go this long if he didn’t feel he had someone nailed down already.  That someone may or may not be Frost, but it seems he has a plan in place and an agreement done.

·  Frost has said it is his dream job to come here.  Statements this week also point to his strong feelings about Nebraska.  He has had many chances to clear the air and say he is staying.  Hasn’t done so.

·   If Frost had an offer from NU and was sitting on it, even if he decided to pass on Nebraska, he’s surely let us know.  Not wanting to coach here is one thing.  Intentionally causing NU harm by backing out at the last minute seems like something he wouldn’t do.

·   Half a dozen other coaching jobs have opened up, had rumors swirling on an hourly basis, and have been locked up.  Some of them removing potential coaches on Moos’ list.  Still no smoke or rumors about Nebraska, except for those around Scott Frost.

·   I refuse to believe that both Frost and Moos would be acting in such a manner as to cause Nebraska harm, or to miss signing a good coach.

·   Hedley Lamarr says so.  <---- This

6 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Oh my gosh!  That was SO good!  I relived so many of those moments! I laughed and I cried. (You can say what you want about Mike Riley but he led us through Sam Foltz death with respect and dignity.). Thanks for posting this! GO BIG RED!

He really had a tough tenure.  The fanbase fracture after Bo, dealing with poor recuiting under Bo, Sam's death, some (in my opinion) unrealistic expectations.  Not saying he was the right hire, but I do believe his overall intentions were not to harm  

• Plus1 3

Just now, RedDenver said:

It was much wilder the last couple weeks, but after Riley was fired it's calmed down except for hiring/firing insanity around the country on Sunday.

I am sure this board will crash if you do or don't get Frost but they are downright going out of their minds in Tennessee. 

• Plus1 3
Just now, jaws said:

I am sure this board will crash if you do or don't get Frost but they are downright going out of their minds in Tennessee. 

what board are you looking at?  MIght have to take a gander.  Some of my best board memories were lurking on shaggybevo  

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Because we have our Plan A heading to NU. Tennessee can't get a coach for 7 mil. 

That is what happens when you let your fans and media determine the direction of your football program. Hire an AD that you can trust and let him/her do his/her job.

3 hours ago, Vizsla1 said:

Man, I am getting the impression some people on here like to open a few Christmas presents in advance.  Frost is coming... so onto the question of the hour.  Is it cool to let kids open gift or two ahead of the official opening of gifts?  And to keep it in the spirit of Coach Frost, let it be about advice Coach would give to his newborn.  I will go first-   "baby frost, we have tradition around here and you better get used to it, gifts are to be open the day of Christmas"

At our house we always opened one present on  Christmas Eve.