** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think you'll find that no more Nebraska fans dislike Herbstreit than any other fans of any other team - probably about the same number as think Dan Wolken hates their team, or Pat Forde, or Andy Staples. 

Ok, I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. I just can't get too mad at a guy calling a college football game on TV. 

I actually like Forde and those other guys and they don't always have kind words to say about my team. 

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

So you only believe the stuff that reinforces an, "us against them" mentality or...?

No I review what I see and draw my own conclusions. I cant prove anything but it doesnt make it any less true. I drew my own conclusions long ago after watching him seem anti nebraska on tv- this was well before that tv clip the other guy posted above. That clip when i watched it live at the time re-inforced how i felt about him. Then many other scenarios since then. I just used the many observation because many other independent people had drawn the same conclusion after watching the same things on TV. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, jaws said:

Ok, I wouldn't be surprised if that were true. I just can't get too mad at a guy calling a college football game on TV. 

I actually like Forde and those other guys and they don't always have kind words to say about my team. 

But you seem reasonable. I'm sure there are plenty of buckeye fans who think a talking head has it out for their program. Every program has those fans

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

But you seem reasonable. I'm sure there are plenty of buckeye fans who think a talking head has it out for their program. Every program has those fans

I've been a member at Buckeye Planet since the Big Ten joined Nebraska in 2010, and this definitely fits that forum. Tons of great people, some crackpots who think the world is out to get them, and some folks who are very hostile to Nebraska (and every other non-Buckeye team). 

Overall the Buckeye fans are pretty good eggs, though.  It was swell meeting a bunch of them in 2011.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I cant prove anything but it doesnt make it any less true. I drew my own conclusions long ago after watching him seem anti nebraska on tv- this was well before that tv clip the other guy posted above.

Do you have any links or references? It's bad form to make accusations without providing evidence. 

Besides the ESPN Classic 'tirade' that wasn't anything, I've seen Kirk be complimentary or optimistic towards Nebraska plenty of times, and the only times he hasn't been have been when he accurately describes how we aren't good (because we haven't been good), or responding to crazy twitter fans, which isn't anti-Nebraska either.

I stopped watching game day because it's has a set format of feel good stories, the announcers are typically at 50 percent pick accuracy at the end of a season, and at one time it had a stroked out Corso talking with a lisp spitting Holtz.

My mom had a stroke and I could more coherent commentary and similar pick accuracy from her as game day, so I got out of the habit of watching.

Edited by InOmaha

1 minute ago, InOmaha said:

My mom had a stroke and I could more coherent commentary and similar pick accuracy from her then game day, so I got out of the habit of watching.

I don't know your mom but I can guarantee she isn't half this entertaining (warning: language, mods don't suspend me just get rid of it if you must):

Edited by Landlord
  • Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, brophog said:

If we are going to be talking about a Herb on the Scott Frost megathread he'd better be wearing overalls.

Speaking of, is it just me or does the return of SF seem like a fitting time for the return of oldschool Herbie? 

1 minute ago, InOmaha said:

I stopped watching game day because it's has a set format of feel good stories, the announcers are typically at 50 percent at the end of a season, and at one time it had a stroked out Corso talking with a lisp spitting Holtz.

My mom had a stroke and I could more coherent commentary and similar pick accuracy from her then game day, so I got out of the habit of watching.

I stopped watching it a loooong time ago, but i accidentally caught the tail end of it while waiting for the Husker game on that channel, and boy am I glad I did.  As I was typing this, someone posted what I caught live at the time.  Corso dropping the f-bomb was epic.

In addition I think Herbstreit is biased against run based systems because he is always ranting and raving about pass heavy schemes that use enough run to keep balance. So he always jumps to discredit the old Nebraska teams as being all time greats because they were not pass first mentality. Also his logic for what makes teams great is ignorant. Herb and Mark May fall into the trap of thinking whoever had the most 1st round talent on their teams automatically makes them better football teams. What they dont understand is that is individual talent and not a cohesive team. 

Also he is ignorant because we were not even an option team in 71. And anyone who watches film of 95 and 97 nebraska we were fairly efficient at passing the ball. Herb thinks we ran the navy offense in the mid 90s. If they are going to comment on TV about whether 95 was the best team ever shouldnt they do research and understand what we did as an offensive system?

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I've been a member at Buckeye Planet since the Big Ten joined Nebraska in 2010, and this definitely fits that forum. Tons of great people, some crackpots who think the world is out to get them, and some folks who are very hostile to Nebraska (and every other non-Buckeye team). 

Overall the Buckeye fans are pretty good eggs, though.  It was swell meeting a bunch of them in 2011.

We have a big buckeye fan marrying into my girlfriends family and his family came and visited from Ohio over thanksgiving. They are great people and invited me to the Shoe for the Husker game next year. They are great people and I'm really looking forward to that. So I've only had experience with good OSU fans

Unfortunately I've met every kind of Husker fan