CALIBRASKA CONNECTION

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-making-huge-mistake-let-go-mike-riley-tristan-gebbias-dad-says

Apparently if Nebraska fires Riley the "calibraska" movement will die. This article was such a load of bull. I understand that players were recruited by Riley and Co. but it is not like their recruiting prowess is lighting up the college football world. If Riley continues to lose, recruiting will take a hit, so the way I see it, recruiting is going to be adversely effecting regardless if we keep Riley.

I don't want to knock on Gebbia's dad, he is obviously concerned about his kids future, but he should see the big picture, because with our O-line play, I worry about his kids future as well. Plus it is about team success, not the individual. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I'd rather it dry up, the California kids have proven to be not as tough minded as Texas and Midwestern kids. I would rather get back to hitting those aread hard, and then some coastal speed, particularly from FL and the N. East.

The mindset is what is missing here, you haven't arrived already, you need to want to work to play.

I was just thinking the same thing.

While I don't think players from any area are better/tougher than any others...I also don't think some 15 year old starting his 10th grade season is worried about if some old man he doesn't know is getting canned or not...I am sure he is more worried about school, sports, friends, girls, parties, driving, girls, sports, music, girls, friends, parties, clothes, girls, friends, girls, movies, sports, girls, working out, girls, family, school, girls, food, sports, girls, food, food, food, girls, sports, netflix, snapchat, texting, snapchat, girls, texting...you get the idea.

• Plus1 5

6 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I'd rather it dry up, the California kids have proven to be not as tough minded as Texas and Midwestern kids. I would rather get back to hitting those aread hard, and then some coastal speed, particularly from FL and the N. East.

The mindset is what is missing here, you haven't arrived already, you need to want to work to play.

I have to agree with this. Think of all the good teams there have been from the West coast over the past 20-25 years. The good USC teams were as tough as they got and nobody would mistakes those teams as tough. South, southeast, east, and midwest are where we need to focus our recruiting. Yes, you still need to pull somw Cali kids but only if they fit a tough, competitive culture and attitude.

Well I'm glad the Ground Zero 7 on 7 cleared it up.  If we fire Riley, we lose all those awesome recruits who have to yet play a down of football at a P5 school.....Of course if we keep him, all of this great 4-5* talent with multiple offers would love to come here and get their a$$es kicked by teams with a pulse.  

And this gem:

“If they get fired, that connection is done, I can tell you that,” Hawkins told Land of 10.

“I wouldn’t send a kid to Nebraska without [cornerbacks coach] Donte Williams being there. We trust Donte with our kids.

The CB's might be the weakest link on D.....Jones hurt hasn't helped, but I've seen nothing to say D Williams can flat out develop kids.  And I'm a 4-5* DB, I'm sure as hell not coming to some school where my only NFL tapes show me getting beat like a drum and giving a 10 yard cushion when the O needs 5......

And the great recruiters?  We are pulling in Bo like classes with OSU results......

• Plus1 5

If you guys think the kids in the Midwest are better players you're crazy . We have more talent in Northern California than the whole state of Nebraska does. That's part of your problem you guys think you can win in your 500 radius if that's what you recruit congrats on becoming Wyoming. The best players we have are from California or Texas. If you think freshmen are suppose to come tear it up get real. The biggest problem Nebraska has is a lot of their fans are stuck in the 90's.

• Plus1 2

So we have the dad of a true freshman QB telling NU fans how we should feel about a coach who has shown nothing but poor results at Nebraska. Someone needs to tell Mr. Gebbia that NU recruited Californian well before his son and his friends were even born, and I am sure NU will be able to recruit California after Riley is fired. 

• Plus1 5
37 minutes ago, lo country said:

Well I'm glad the Ground Zero 7 on 7 cleared it up.  If we fire Riley, we lose all those awesome recruits who have to yet play a down of football at a P5 school.....Of course if we keep him, all of this great 4-5* talent with multiple offers would love to come here and get their a$$es kicked by teams with a pulse.  

And this gem:

“If they get fired, that connection is done, I can tell you that,” Hawkins told Land of 10.

“I wouldn’t send a kid to Nebraska without [cornerbacks coach] Donte Williams being there. We trust Donte with our kids.

The CB's might be the weakest link on D.....Jones hurt hasn't helped, but I've seen nothing to say D Williams can flat out develop kids.  And I'm a 4-5* DB, I'm sure as hell not coming to some school where my only NFL tapes show me getting beat like a drum and giving a 10 yard cushion when the O needs 5......

And the great recruiters?  We are pulling in Bo like classes with OSU results......

I am starting to think that Bo not being good at recruiting was more BS talk like the toxins.  I have a feeling that Bo was a typical recruiter, average...like Riley and like most coaches.

• Plus1 6
  • Mavric locked this topic