Quarterback

2 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

He almost didn't redshirt if I remember correctly. And people were losing their collective sh!t last year when he committed. There is a reason for that, the guy can sling it and is a bona fide gamer. And honestly POB is a gamer to but I think he fits the offense a little less that Gebbia does. It seems like we are always so quick to write off the players we have (especially at the QB position) for the next hot thing coming in. Gebbia and POB are far from proven commodities but lets not write them off just yet. Riley did not leave the cabinet bare here.

Not arguing that people don't do that, but this is different than just wanting the new hyped recruit. Our current QB were recruited for a different offense. It's natural to assume they may not be a good fit.

If Gebbia's going to run Frost's offense he needs to be able to take some hits running the ball.

Edited by Moiraine

16 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Not arguing that people don't do that, but this is different than just wanting the new hyped recruit. Our current QB were recruited for a different offense. It's natural to assume they may not be a good fit.

If Gebbia's going to run Frost's offense he needs to be able to take some hits running the ball.

Anyone have any idea what Gebbia's weighing now a days? Milton is 5'11" 185, Gebbia was listed at 6'3" 185 on the Schools football page. So if he was able to put on 10-15 pounds then the worries about him not being able to take a hit should be gone

There hasn't been an offer yet to Wilson, which says a lot in terms of where he's at in the pecking order. 

Given who is on the roster ATM, I would like to see either Gebbia or POB get the nod. They're probably the closest to what Frost ideally wants from a QB on the roster. I actually think Gebbia could be really special in this type of offense. 

Both Gebbia and POB played in very similar offenses in High School.  We have two QBs that could excel in Frost's offense. Dual Threat, means they are a "threat" to run or pass.  Everyone seems to think Duel Threat means. Run the option offense, and pop up and throw 10 times a game to a Tight End on a fly route.   

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, 8th Street said:

Frazier  =  Winner, unless you've all forgotten that . . . 

But Frazier had much more support than most Nebraska QBs. IMO, Lord and TA would also have won in 94 & 95. I also believe Gadowski would have won in 93, 94 and 95 with 94 being a blowout. Those two interceptions against Miami killed us.

Edited by MichiganDad3
1 minute ago, MichiganDad3 said:

But Frazier had much more support than most Nebraska QBs. IMO, Lord and TA would also have won in 94 & 95. I also believe Gadowski would have won in 93, 94 and 95 with 94 being a blowout. Those two interceptions against Miami killed us.

Stop. 

47 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Thats a bold statement.  BUT people are fools to not realize there is some truth to that. Those teams were LOADED much more than any we have had in a long long time. I don't think any of the QB's stated where as good as Frazier, and if anything Crouch and Frost are the only two QB's that I think might have won a natty with the teams that Frazier did.