New Tunnel Walk Ideas 2018

Tunnel Walk Music  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the record the off season has officially arrived!

I think Sirius is just fine and I still get goosebumps every time it comes on.  Granted I only hear it during Nebraska football season.  I can't remember who said it in the thread but I've always loved DJ Kool's, "Let Me Clear My Throat" and would be totally fine using that as a 4th quarter pump up song.  I was at Memorial Stadium when they blasted that after the MSU win and the stadium was going bonkers.

Since we're playing hypotheticals...you need something with a sick hook and zero profanity.  Yes, I can hear Jimi.

I'm also fine with Welcome To The Jungle.  If it's good enough for The Program.  It's good enough for NU!

• Plus1 3

Part of the reason I enjoy Sirius is because it's only used or has been used by a small number of major sports teams. It's not an overly common theme song whereas I've heard Enter Sandman (and a lot of the songs suggested here) at other sports venues around the country regularly. I feel like branching out to some mainstream song option is bland and unoriginal, and then it'll turn into a game of just popping around to different theme songs because now we've opened Pandora's Box.

And, as I mentioned, I sort of like the balance we've struck in recent years. Scream 'Husker' and 'Power', show an edited highlight video prior to the Tunnel Walk with some new/unique song, screen goes black, fade in the familiar low bass rumble... I'm getting jacked just thinking about it.

• Plus1 3