Ohio State Domestic Violence Saga

Urban Meyer's Future  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What if Cortney Smith is lying? Social work is part of my job and lying out of vindication or attention happens sometimes- not often but sometimes. Can a coach be legally fired if someone merely accuses you of something and the accusations were never substantiated? 

They need to take their time 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

What if Cortney Smith is lying? Social work is part of my job and lying out of vindication or attention happens sometimes- not often but sometimes. Can a coach be legally fired if someone merely accuses you of something and the accusations were never substantiated? 

In these instances, do the "victims" cause self inflicted wounds?

10 hours ago, C-4 said:

Brett McMurphy is a God. An absolute badass.. revealing the smoking gun every time Smith or Meyer attempt a sidestepping lie.

When he interviewed on 1620 earlier this week, I remember he said something along the lines of 'there are a lot of photos, texts and other pieces of information I haven't shared yet' and I took that as him saying 'I have plenty of ammunition I'm still holding onto in case they try to defame me and cover anything up.

On 8/4/2018 at 6:52 AM, krc1995 said:

It is possible of course, but I think she gets more of the benefit of the doubt than Zach, as he was already arrested for domestic abuse in 2009. She also got a restraining order against him, and he was caught stalking her.  Still possible she is embellishing of course, but past events lean towards Zach being the liar and OSU helping him because he is Earl Bruce's grandson.  I agree they should be thorough in the investigation before deciding.  As far as firing him legally...they can fire him at any moment for any reason. It is just a matter of with or without cause and in turn whether or not they have to pay a buyout.

On 8/4/2018 at 5:45 AM, teachercd said:

At first I thought he was gone for sure...now I really don't think there is a chance that he gets canned.  Now with that said I really don't know if there are protests and stuff going on at OSU right now, that could change things.  

What changed your mind? From all the information I have, I still don't see a way they can keep him, and possibly the AD/staff, and not have a PR nightmare on their hands.

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, runningblind said:

It is possible of course, but I think she gets more of the benefit of the doubt than Zach, as he was already aressted for domestic abuse in 2009. She also got a restraining order against him, and he was caught stalking her.  Still possible she is embellishing of course, but past events lean towards Zach being the liar and OSU helping him because he is Earl Bruce's grandson.  I agree they should be thorough in the investigation before deciding.  As far as firing him legally...they can fire him at any moment for any reason. It is just a matter of with or without cause and in turn whether or not they have to pay a buyout.

What changed your mind? From all the information I have, I still don't see a way they can keep him, and possibly the AD/staff, and not have a PR nightmare on their hands.

I think that since Meyer said he DID report it that they will keep him...I think it will work out for him now UNLESS there are major protests on campus.

7 hours ago, Landlord said:

That's the same thing he said.

I'm not talking about buyouts, I'm talking about Ohio State's administration trying to save their own jobs, ie trying to keep this from turning into something like Baylor. AFAICT C-4 said nothing about that.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I think that since Meyer said he DID report it that they will keep him...I think it will work out for him now UNLESS there are major protests on campus.

If he reported the abuse it would be documented so why would they need to put him on paid leave?

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

When he interviewed on 1620 earlier this week, I remember he said something along the lines of 'there are a lot of photos, texts and other pieces of information I haven't shared yet' and I took that as him saying 'I have plenty of ammunition I'm still holding onto in case they try to defame me and cover anything up.

I didn’t know they had him.  Which show was he on and what day?

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Just a guess...to "find" this document or to find out who to make the scapegoat. 

Still doesn’t add up. Zack Smith says he was called back from recruiting by AD to address the charges. Where Smith says he was confronted by Meyer wanting to know what was going on and then telling him if he was abusing his wife he would be fired. At the same time Urban is telling us he reported the 2015 incident. Why would he have to ask Smith what was going on? 

• Plus1 1

Just kinda thinking out loud here.

I think sometimes we think because it involves sports (i.e. games) we think conspiracy theories about this kind of thing are crazy, but we're talking about millions upon millions of $ here, and Urban Meyer is one of the top 3 coaches in the country. They're going to keep him if they can find a way, maybe even if they have to do shady s#!t.

• Plus1 3
17 minutes ago, BRV920 said:

Still doesn’t add up. Zack Smith says he was called back from recruiting by AD to address the charges. Where Smith says he was confronted by Meyer wanting to know what was going on and then telling him if he was abusing his wife he would be fired. At the same time Urban is telling us he reported the 2015 incident. Why would he have to ask Smith what was going on? 

I think we are looking at it differently.  I don't think they are looking to make 2+2=4...I think they are looking to make 2+2= Keep Urban.  I think right now they are trying to get their ducks in a row.

There will not be a "document" of any kind that says Meyer reported his friend...it will just be Meyers word that he did it.

The lack of documentation will be what helps him keep his job.  

I agree that it doesn't and won't add up, you are right.  But I think they are just figuring out HOW they can keep Urban and who will have to take the fall for him.