Memorial Stadium Renovation

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't think it probably will.  But I didn't realize that Creighton had gotten help.

That's really odd to me being a private religious school. Smaller state schools I could see helping fund as it's something of a public interest.

25 minutes ago, Heretic Husker said:

To answer the otiose meme, yes, I do speak, and write in English, and if you were as perspicacious in meme posting as English comprehension, you'd understand the meme was an infelicitous act and an ignominy in application. But it is a funny meme, cheers

kermit-muppet.gif

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
43 minutes ago, Heretic Husker said:

To answer the otiose meme, yes, I do speak, and write in English, and if you were as perspicacious in meme posting as English comprehension, you'd understand the meme was an infelicitous act and an ignominy in application. But it is a funny meme, cheers

u1ex9PU.gif

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

Well, they're not going to turn off the beer taps just because Nebraska has a losing season. If (or, more likely, when) they decide to allow alcohol sales, it's not going to be dependent upon how good or bad the team is.

Plus, there are some steps they could take to limit negative consequences. Some universities who launched gameday alcohol sales began doing so only at the club level, and then expanded to the rest of the stadium over time. You could also limit sales to 1-2 per transaction, cut off sales at the end of the 3rd quarter (similar to how baseball cuts off in the 7th inning), and require they only be purchasable on the concourses.

I tend to think alcohol related incidents will increase (it happened at Ohio State) but this is all about business. Alcohol sales are generally viewed as a fan benefit and it brings in a lot of revenue.

12 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Imagine how much worse the stadium/fans could be over the last 8 years be if alcohol was allowed?

Alcohol, via airline mini bottles and often even 200 ml bottles, seems to be "allowed" in most sections of the stadium.  Jim Beam, JD, et al.  Who needs beer sales?  Just makes more trips to the stinky restrooms.  For those who do that.  Those other people. 

• Haha 1