** 2023 Opponent Preview : Iowa (Game 12) **

42 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

Since 2013, Iowa has won 8 and Nebraska has won 2. 5 bowl games since 2013 (and none since 2016), vs 9 for Iowa Last year you snuck by one of the worst offensive team in the nation. Huskers lose the close ones and somehow the Hawkeyes win the close ones, even when they shouldn't. It comes down the the attitude of winners vs losers. I really hoped Ruhl would help, but losing seems to be second nature to him also. 

That all said, it will be interesting to see what happens to the program once Kirk Ferentz retires. 2 coaches since 1979 is pretty amazing.  

a336007f-0e19-4e00-baee-1105d5f0cac3-Iow

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

7 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

Ive went and looked at other boards.

The parallels are surprising, but what really stands out is how teams that are doing great, have fans that b!^@h just as much as ours.

Literally,  if you've read one board, you've read them all.

You are spot on! Every board is about he same, and yes, I do visit the boards of some of our rivals, as it is part of being a rivalry.

I grew up during a time that Nebraska was good, and on this side of the river it was rubbed in our faces. It is easy to believe in the whole "greatest fans" thing, but it is easy when you are good. When a team is bad, all fans, no matter the team, turn into the same vindictive folks as anywhere else, slamming the coaching staff, the AD, other fans, the press, and even the players (look back at this Boards threads). When a team goes from being good, and the swagger that goes along with it, to being bad, those people/states that were looked down upon at one time have a chance to pay back a little. The difference no is the internet.  

• TBH 1
28 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

Ive went and looked at other boards.

The parallels are surprising, but what really stands out is how teams that are doing great, have fans that b!^@h just as much as ours.

Literally,  if you've read one board, you've read them all.

The format has changed since Usenet but the content is the same as rec.sport.football.college

9 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

Then why are not in the stands at the end of every game?

If you want to come up with a list of criteria that the "best fans" must collectively meet for you to consider them the "best fans," go right ahead. But can you name a fanbase where no one would leave some of the games we've played? Every fanbase has fans who will leave early when the game is clearly lost, and that happens more when the losses pile up. Every fanbase has fans who will stick it out until the bitter end. I don't think it's a particularly good measurement of a fanbase's quality, and Nebraska is at least not worse than anywhere else in that regard.

6 hours ago, CyHawk said:

I grew up during a time that Nebraska was good

I hear a lot of people say this. I sure do miss winning championships, I remember what that was like. But no one ever says they grew up during a time when Iowa was good...because it's never happened. 

But since you said this, that must mean that you are a grown a$$ man. Yet you troll other teams' message boards, act like a child, and have difficulty stringing together complete sentences? Have a little dignity, man.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 4
5 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

If you want to come up with a list of criteria that the "best fans" must collectively meet for you to consider them the "best fans," go right ahead. But can you name a fanbase where no one would leave some of the games we've played? Every fanbase has fans who will leave early when the game is clearly lost, and that happens more when the losses pile up. Every fanbase has fans who will stick it out until the bitter end. I don't think it's a particularly good measurement of a fanbase's quality, and Nebraska is at least not worse than anywhere else in that regard.

So, what dictates "greatest fans"? Once again, easy to be great when winning, not so much when the losses pile up! It was easy to be great when the Huskers pummeled literally everybody that came to Lincoln. Frankly, great fans are the ones that support the team and stay to the end, even when they are losing, as that is when a team needs the support the most.       

• Fire 1