** 2023 Opponent Preview : Iowa (Game 12) **

In 5 of the 6 Iowa wins this year they had less than 300 yards of total offense

Their WRs have had two catches the last two games.

Both Washington and Stanford had one pass play in their game longer than Iowa's total passing yards for the game

Hell Ayomanor from Stanford with his 2nd half performance alone last night would be Iowa's season receiving leader

4 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

At least their, nevermind they only have a Defense.  If we don't win 2 in a row on these sqwakeyes I will be upset.  That team is awful but we aren't great either.

Gotta give them the edge pretty easily in Special Teams.  Their punter is their best offensive threat

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Haha. So our #120 scoring offense is going to "hang 50" on their #10 scoring defense? K

I'll be happy if can manage a one point win. Looking at both offenses and defenses the O/U is probably going to be in the 30's.

It was obviously a joke. 

We will beat Iowa though. 

Iowa wins games with field position thanks to their unreal punter.   Their crappy offense just has to muster 1 or 2 first downs and the field is flipped.  And the defense keeps everything thing in front of them and waits for the opponents talent deficient offense to make a mistake.  It’s crazy how well it works against the non-PSU, OSU, UM teams.  

16 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Don't recall if he played last year but I noticed while watching the highlights of IA vs WI that Iowa has a white corner.  Don't see that a lot these days. 

Tell me you don't actually watch any Iowa football without actually telling me. :lol: He is probably their best player.

My Broncos also drafted another kid, who was an All American in 2022, named Riley Moss.

Do most Husker fans not watch other teams much, or am I weird because I do?

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
40 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Tell me you don't actually watch any Iowa football without actually telling me. :lol: He is probably their best player.

My Broncos also drafted another kid, who was an All American in 2022, named Riley Moss.

I'll typically watch a little bit of an opponents game the week before.  But if I was going to watch another team play Iowa would be toward the bottom of my list.  

• Fire 1
44 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I have more enjoyable things to do than to watch some random game that doesn't mean anything to me.