Oregon & Washington to the B1G - Clemson & Florida State Next?

2 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

UNC and NC St. are tied at the hip.

OU and OK State were tied at the hip.  A little game called Bedlam was a symbol of their rivalry.  However, OU knows nothing about loyalty (aka Big 12 -OU screws their tradition rich rivalry with Nebraska). OU skips off with their master, Texas, to the SEC leaving OkState holding the wilting flower bouquet in their hands.   Never say never when money is involved. 

Oh and also - let's not forget Oregon leaving little brother Oregon State behind in what is now a 2 team conference.   

44 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I'ld be totally ok if UNC and Wake joined the big 10.  and it would be nice if Nebraska played them every year but alternated which one they played away each year guaranteeing I only have to travel 45 min for a game each year.  

I'm going to put in a special request that we only play them in basketball at home.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2
3 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Also, the AAU status for FSU doesn’t mean squat

It means a lot to the presidents. BUT, football money will override it...or Notre Dame. I heard Miami has good academic credibility like ND. Although I somehow find the hard to believe. :confucius

9 minutes ago, nic said:

It means a lot to the presidents. BUT, football money will override it...or Notre Dame. I heard Miami has good academic credibility like ND. Although I somehow find the hard to believe. :confucius

Me too, but supposedly it's a very good school.  I'm sure Warren Sapp helped solidify that.

9 minutes ago, nic said:

Me too, but supposedly it's a very good school.  I'm sure Warren Sapp helped solidify that.

17 minutes ago, nic said:

I heard Miami has good academic credibility like ND. Although I somehow find the hard to believe. :confucius

Miami actually has a very good academic reputation. Unfortunately, the thuggish reputation of their football program overshadows it.

On a side note, the Miami fans I met during the Rose Bowl week in 2001/2002 were some of the nicest, most respectful opposing fans I have ever met, which surprised me at the time.  

4 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Also, the AAU status for FSU doesn’t mean squat to the other B1G members but FSU is on their way to gaining it. 

USF took that AAU invite away from FSU last year. FSU isn't close to being invited.

59 minutes ago, nic said:

I heard Miami has good academic credibility like ND. Although I somehow find the hard to believe. :confucius

Like Notre Dame, Miami is in the AAU.

1 hour ago, nic said:

Yep.  FSU has an invite to the B1G even without being an AAU member.  They are still a top research and academic university in a state that we would love to get into.  ND keeps standing ground on not joining but the thinking is if FSU and Miami join, ND might be persuaded to join along with another ACC school of their choice.  

6 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Yep.  FSU has an invite to the B1G even without being an AAU member.  They are still a top research and academic university in a state that we would love to get into.  ND keeps standing ground on not joining but the thinking is if FSU and Miami join, ND might be persuaded to join along with another ACC school of their choice.  

You've stated this twice as fact. What's your source?

Go get Pitt.  That would be a fun "after thanksgiving game" to see them play Penn State every year.  Right after Nebraska/Iowa.  chuckleshuffle

Maybe grab Syracuse for the hoops and give Rutgers a friend. ;)

And If you steal West Virginia, then it's a whole 'nother partay....  

613a858c74045.image.jpg?resize=400%2C225

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, admo said:

Go get Pitt.  That would be a fun "after thanksgiving game" to see them play Penn State every year.  Right after Nebraska/Iowa.  chuckleshuffle

Maybe grab Syracuse for the hoops and give Rutgers a friend. ;)

And If you steal West Virginia, then it's a whole 'nother partay....  

Throw in Stanford for volleyball. NU + PSU + Stan = 21 Nattys

21 hours ago, TGHusker said:

OU and OK State were tied at the hip.  A little game called Bedlam was a symbol of their rivalry.  However, OU knows nothing about loyalty (aka Big 12 -OU screws their tradition rich rivalry with Nebraska). OU skips off with their master, Texas, to the SEC leaving OkState holding the wilting flower bouquet in their hands.   Never say never when money is involved. 

Oh and also - let's not forget Oregon leaving little brother Oregon State behind in what is now a 2 team conference.   

Washington and Wazzu also

• Plus1 1