How did the refs miss the offsides on the Gophers' scoring play ?

On 9/1/2023 at 8:55 AM, Loebarth said:

I hate that I can say this but I've said it time and again. Nebraska is not officiated fairly by B1G officials. How many more video evidences are needed before all you nay sayers actually realize the truth. In every big 10 game we are playing against both the opponent and the officials. 

You would have to be able to watch the same game and compile the video evidence of blown calls and non-calls that went Nebraska's way, and they are always there, some of them potential game-changers like the clear pass interference non-call in Thursday's game. You just choose to ignore them.

At some level, you also must WANT to believe there is a conspiracy against Nebraska, which would involve a level of motive and collusion that doesn't really make sense. Some Nebraska fans really get into this Us Against The World thing and some of us find that kinda embarrassing. Turns out the evidence isn't there after all. This country is having a problem with that lately.

Remember the Big 12 or the old Big 8, when Husker fans never complained about getting jobbed by the refs?

Cause I sure don't. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Also should have been a 10 second runoff when Minnesota false-started with 27 seconds left in the game. (Or made Minnesota use their last timeout).

But we should have complained and we didn't seem to.

They did the runoff. Then Minnesota ran it for 10 yards, called timeout, and made the field goal. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, Mavric said:

OK.  I was listening to the radio feed and they talked like it didn't happen.

I rewatched that part on the DVR. The TV broadcast shows a replay but when they come back the clock has already started and it's already down to 14 when they snap it :dunno

• Plus1 1

Starting in the 3rd qtr I said politely, “their left tackle is kick starting backwards very early. 

by the 4th qtr I was yelling at the projection (we watched in my neighbors backyard on a screen) every time they passed the ball he was pushing back early, very early. Several false starts should have been called. He did it over and over again. They didn’t call it; so it is what it is, but it was egregious 

• TBH 1

From a rivals perspective, there is no doubt that every loss over the past 20 years have been due to blown ref calls. I also heard from a source that it was the B1G Refs that counted the votes from the last presidential election. There are penalties on virtually every play and some get called, but many do not. Get over it. Losses have been due to horrible coaching and less than great talent. That said, less than great talent can become great with great coaching. I am wondering at this point if Ruhl has what it takes. He should have been pissed off at the presser, but instead pulled out Frosts notes to read. We were close.....getting better.....had a great week in practice....gunna get'em next week!

Colorado may hang a bunch on the Huskers if they don't get pissed and play with passion.

• TBH 1
On 9/2/2023 at 4:29 PM, GSG said:

They did the runoff. Then Minnesota ran it for 10 yards, called timeout, and made the field goal. 

That's correct.  They officials collaborated with hand signals and gestures, then got together, talked some more, picked up the flag and did the run off.  They got it right on an easy call.

On 9/2/2023 at 4:58 PM, Mavric said:

OK.  I was listening to the radio feed and they talked like it didn't happen.

You probably took a nap waiting around for a call.  It was one of those head referee types that loved the camera on him with most calls.  The type that has to walk around, make hand gestures, turn up the mic, but then turns it down to go discuss some things with other officials as we all wait around lol... and then they finally get it together to make a call.  "False start"... "off sides".... "delay of game"....   Those guys just suck the wind out of a penalty call when a flag is thrown. They love the camera on them I guess. Small complaint, but You know what I mean.  

If we had won, you would see a similar thread from the opposing teams fan base, with the same legitimacy. (Ex: the no call on our DB assault of Minny receiver inside the 10 yard line!) These type of threads need to be x’d out, it’s just making us look like whiners, ‘Man Up, NU’ and kick some as…..

On 9/1/2023 at 10:57 AM, hskrpwr13 said:

The OP isnt wrong. Yet, wonder if pushing them back 5 yards really changes the outcome. Hartzog made a bad play. 

True,  but Minn's qb made a garbage pass that his wr had to make an outstanding catch to bring-in. Maybe from 5yds back it's not a completion at all. 

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, Danimal said:

True,  but Minn's qb made a garbage pass that his wr had to make an outstanding catch to bring-in. Maybe from 5yds back it's not a completion at all. 

Our D had been pushing them to 3rd down most of the 2nd half which means we stopped them two out of three times or three out of four in this series. The odds say we get a stop if they do it over.