Rhule or Sanders

HuskerX

After watching the Colorado/TCU game, who would you rather have as Huskers Head Coach?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Rhule or Deion Sanders

• Rhule
    • Sanders

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/2023 at 01:21 AM

47 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ok. But Prime has talent because he brought talent in, to a program with less money than Nebraska. That is part of the coach's job.

Yes, but you have to remember that two of them are his sons. He does attract some quality skill players, but as @soup mentions it could quickly become ugly once they face some actual adversity. It was getting that way for the first quarter and a half today as their players were getting frustrated with one another leading to poor possessions. Unfortunately, we gifted them some momentum killers and once they got a two score lead, it was over. 

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Sanders is a significantly better coach, and anyone trying to tell you it can't be learned from one game is trying to gaslight you.

Couldn't disagree more. Sanders flipped his roster and it worked to start the year. I'm not so sure his "coaching" is the reason for their success or simply attracting some quality skill players who are exceptional. We stopped ourselves more than Colorado stopped us today. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Couldn't disagree more. Sanders flipped his roster and it worked to start the year. I'm not so sure his "coaching" is the reason for their success or simply attracting some quality skill players who are exceptional. We stopped ourselves more than Colorado stopped us today. 

You could disagree more.  You only listed reasons Sanders is a better coach.  You could have disagreed a lot more, actually. 

We agree Sanders is better at acquiring talent and better at getting them ready to play.  There's nothing we disagree on, really.

• TBH 1
3 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

A: TCU is not a good football team

B: Nebraska is not good football team.  

They will be exposed 

I was thinking the same, and was going to bet on Oregon vs CU. Then I look and see Oregon is getting beat by Texas Tech, who just lost to Wyoming.  This could get stupider and they could actually win a lot of games.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Yes, but you have to remember that two of them are his sons. He does attract some quality skill players, but as @soup mentions it could quickly become ugly once they face some actual adversity. It was getting that way for the first quarter and a half today as their players were getting frustrated with one another leading to poor possessions. Unfortunately, we gifted them some momentum killers and once they got a two score lead, it was over. 

Sanders hired what might be one of the best assistant coaching staffs in the country..

.....and I'd guess Nebraska's team chemistry is now a hundredfold more ugly than Colorado's

Colorado is the model for college football now, especially with the portal.  Hire a celebrity head coach and let him bring in the best assistant coaches in his rolodex.

There's no question who made the better hire.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

10 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Sanders hired what might be one of the best assistant coaching staffs in the country..

.....and I'd guess Nebraska's team chemistry is now a hundredfold more ugly than Colorado's

Colorado is the model for college football now, especially with the portal.  Hire a celebrity head coach and let him bring in the best assistant coaches in his rolodex.

That made me chuckle. How many celebrity coaches do you think are out there? And then tell me how many of them have two sons ready to step in and play right away? Good situation for them now, I think Deion is still unproven as a coach.

• TBH 2
3 hours ago, The Dude said:

You could disagree more.  You only listed reasons Sanders is a better coach.  You could have disagreed a lot more, actually. 

We agree Sanders is better at acquiring talent and better at getting them ready to play.  There's nothing we disagree on, really.

He didn’t get them ready to play… they were actually pretty bad until we started giving away turnovers. Nothing about his coaching stood out today at least to me. Yes, I will admit my bias but I do believe Rhule & Co. had a sound strategy until the fumbles started occurring. 

Recruiting, sure he’s good, but I think you and those who share your mindset look at the end and use it to justify the means. I’ll be very curious if his style of running a program will hold water over the season and years going forward. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

That made me chuckle. How many celebrity coaches do you think are out there? And then tell me how many of them have two sons ready to step in and play right away? Good situation for them now, I think Deion is still unproven as a coach.

Deion doesn't need to coach.  He's a recruiter.

Think any highly rated quarterbacks will have Colorado on their short list?

• TBH 1

28 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

So we've devolved into making fun of top 20 teams that just beat us by three TDs.

Am I making fun of Colorado? I am laughing at the idea that someone doesn't have to coach even the great coach Prime. But yea we have devolved into making fun of those piss balloon tossing losers in Boulder. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, TheSker said:

I can’t disagree with a thing you said.  Amazes me that last year a lot of posters were against Prime.   Negative on Shedeur and now a thread on who made the better hire….  Prime has been a winner everywhere he went.  While we go all slow build, Prime went nuclear and is winning….and ranked….and is all over the media and talking heads.  They are now recruiting for CU.   

Im sure there are players asking wth with Grant being benched and Sims playing has made some players question the decision making of Rhule.  Nouredin made some comments about HH coming in and doing everything asked of him.  Players are not stupid.  They see what Prime did and what happened in that game.  

This was my must win game of season.  Prime vs Rhule and what “way” works.  Two games in CU looks like geniuses.  Trev not so much.  

• Plus1 2

Is this even topic if the QB didn’t have a social media worthy epic fail?

One thing I found interesting yesterday is that none of the coverage I saw even covered what happened.  I heard several times that “The D forced turnovers” & “took the ball away”.  I also heard the offense made “half time adjustments”.  Deion = viewers and THEY HAVE to run with it.

The only fail here, and I’ll admit it’s a big one, is going with Sims.  He’s going to make a few big plays this year.  Possibly even have a mistake free game.  But it’s over.  He’s not even close to championship level and the team will only go as he goes.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

I hope somebody archives this thread and brings in back in 5 years when sanders has moved on to get his limelight somewhere else.  All the star players go away and Colorado is right back where they were last year.   Thule has proven himself a program builder.  Nebraska has the support he needs to do it but we have been one of the worst teams in football for well over 10 years.  It is going to take 3 or 4 to dig out. Thule will learn from his sims disaster and go another way next year.  He will right the ship and get us back to being competitive.   But make no mistake if you think anyone can get Nebraska back to 80s-90s dominance you are crazy.   7-10 wins a year is a realistic goal 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2