Is this Saturday the last chance to prove we aren't a joke?

BoSolich

saturday's game should be one of the most watched regular season games ever. mostly because of people wanting to see deion's home debut after a big win.

it gives nebraska a chance to prove we are not a joke if we can dominate the line and win this game...a bad loss essentially kills any momentum for recruiting for the rest of the year.

i think it's going to be a really important game to win. thoughts?

• TBH 1

40 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

saturday's game should be one of the most watched regular season games ever. mostly because of people wanting to see deion's home debut after a big win.

it gives nebraska a chance to prove we are not a joke if we can dominate the line and win this game...a bad loss essentially kills any momentum for recruiting for the rest of the year.

i think it's going to be a really important game to win. thoughts?

Saturday’s game against Colorado is more important than most Huskers fans would care to admit, if even to themselves. Last week’s avoidable loss against Minny sure didn’t help matters any.

• TBH 4

I get frustrated with myself because I know this took a long time to get us to this point.  We were not favored against Minny.  Then we play well for 3.5 quarters.  It was frustrating.  I will give Rhule the year to see what happens.   I really don't se us beating sCUm right now, but it is their strength vs. our strength.  Their weakness vs. ours.  Who knows.  Let's see what happens.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

It is a huge game. We don’t have to win at all costs but if we get our doors blown off or play on offense like we did last week, then we are irrelevant for the next month because we have non power 5 opponents and then Michigan will maul us.  So yes we run the risk of just being out of the conversation early this year. 

if we win it is a huge story and we are back in the thick of things.  

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1

If we don't win this, I don't think we get to 6 wins because the margin of error would be too slim. I do think the recruiting for the rest of year could be helped or hurt greatly by this Saturday's result.  Obviously, it isn't the end of Nebraska or Rhule.  Rhule will get at least 4 seasons to prove himself.  It isn't going to get any easier with the top PAC-12 teams joining next season.

• TBH 2

It's all sunshine and rainbows when you win. Colorado getting so much praise because they pulled off the win, people on here are doom and gloom because we lost.

But here is the thing, Colorado isn't going undefeated this season. They will lose just like we did in week 1. Question is how are both of these teams going to bounce back? How will they respond to losing? Because it's easy to say "hey look at us we proved the doubters wrong" after a week 1 victory. But what will the response be like after a loss? Or 2 in a row? Adversity shows the true mettle of a man. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3