Matt Rhule sucks

Husker816

It is too soon to close the curtain on Rhule but what I have seen thus far does not inspire confidence at all. Good coaches win and win early. As much as I hate to admit it, coach Deion is showing positive signs and making huge statements on the field whereas coach Rhule is showing nothing but bad decision making starting with his QB choice. His calm demeanor about losing is almost alarming. I do not see a sense of urgency neither in him nor his team. There are no weapons on offense and our offense is boring, predictable, and uninspired. Unless coach Rhule starts showing some magic soon, he will lose the fans. The Nebraska fans deserve better than this. We have been patient for far too long. 

• Plus1 1

Coach Rhule is a nice guy, has had some college coaching success in the past, and he is all about changing the culture slowly.  And most of us agree, all of that sounds good.

The guy has an eight year contract, so he’s not going anywhere — best thing for fans to do is just hope for the best.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

Breathing practices usually help.

Begin with a 3-4 count inhalation, hold for 3-4 and exhale to a count of 4-5 and repeat. Then after some time, a count of 4 in, hold 4-5 and exhale to a count of 5-6, repeat. Lying down or comfortably seated. There are different variations for those who aren't familiar. Play with it. Nice deep breaths beginning just above your belly button up easily filling the cavity of your rib cage relaxing more and more with each exhale. 

Consult with your health care professional. It helps to ease tension, slow heart rate, reduce blood pressure and bolster mental clarity after done consistently over a period of time. Several minutes three or more times a day. It really does work!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

our school leadership is just old and behind the times. unwilling to take risks. colorado hired sanders not because he's a great coach, but because they knew it'd make them relevant. and it worked. we are only relevant because of our fan support, but it's only a matter of time before the fans give up on this program.

Edited by Mavric
Merged threads
  • Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

We have a very solid recruiting class for a team that has not had a lot of success and that isn’t exactly in a state that produces many 4-5 stars.  You know what really destroys recruit classes?  Coaches on the hot seat.  So just stop it!  We have PTSD from this carousel and we immediately go into fire mode.  That doesn’t work.  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, walksalone said:

What’s gonna happen when they barely beat one of the next two games, or heaven forbid lose one of them?

is that gonna change some minds as to how hosed we are?

Nope, not mine. When we come out and demolish someone, anyone who has a pulse...then I will regain hope and they will quickly revert to who they are and I will lose hope again. Why do I keep buying tickets for this ride? I know how it ends every time and yet...I keep getting in and dropping the shoulder harness. gbr (lower case this time due to lack of enthusiasm)

Matt Rhule has shown he can turn a college program around in 3 seasons twice. As bad as Nebraska looks now, he needs to be given time just as Mike Rikey and Scott Frost were given at least 3 seasons. With that said, here are a couple other things to keep in mind:

1. Frost left this program in the worst position its been in since the 1950s. 

2. I cannot remember the last time Nebraska opened a season on the road 2 weeks in a row against P5 teams. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Matt Rhule has shown he can turn a college program around in 3 seasons twice. As bad as Nebraska looks now, he needs to be given time just as Mike Rikey and Scott Frost were given at least 3 seasons. With that said, here are a couple other things to keep in mind:

1. Frost left this program in the worst position its been in since the 1950s. 

2. I cannot remember the last time Nebraska opened a season on the road 2 weeks in a row against P5 teams. 

While true, we have to be honest and say that Satterfield is an absolute disaster. And Rhule hired him. 

Why he calls long developing pass plays with a liability at QB is terrible, let alone with the left side of the OL being a dumpster fire. He should realize his QB room is limited, and needs to develop an offense around the few strengths his QBs have, which is running the ball. 

But instead of developing an RPO based simple offense using the strength of his players, we're seeing one of the worst scoring offenses in the country, which is simultaneously penalty prone AND turns the ball over at an obscene rate. Rhule and Satterfield insist on this pro-style attack when anybody with eyes and a half dozen firing neurons in their brain can see is an absolute disaster.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1