What did we learn? Colorado edition

58 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

I didn’t like the all out blitz on third and 10+ when we were still in the game though. That play broke us IMO. We showed all day we could cover their guys. Not sure why that call at that moment

Yeah, that’s fair. I’ll tip the cap to Sanders and WR for breaking our back. 

Maybe I’m going to give Sanders or CU OC too much credit, but I believe they recognized the all out blitz and checked to a quick drop and fade route knowing they were in man. 

16 hours ago, Mavric said:

This in a nutshell:

We have a good defense.

But that defense is negated by a turnover machine offense.

Colorado has playmakers so when we  keep giving them chances they’ll eventually hit on one or three, etc.

Recipe for the disaster we saw despite a good effort from the defense. 

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Oh the hope I had when it was 13-7 and they had 3rd and long

I was just thinking about that. I almost forgot the score was 13-7 halfway through the third quarter.

I guess I had hope, but how many of us thought Nebraska was going to rally and win the game?  I just wasn't feeling it from this team. 

2 hours ago, commando said:

if we had a competent QB we might be 2-0 right now.

If you just switched QB’s in both games, we’d be 2-0. You need your QB to be a gamer in college. Honestly one of the most important positions in all of sports. Look at Alabama last night. Sims just doesn’t have it but he doesn’t have a ton around him either. 

So unpopular take here. Sims fumbles are not necessarily his fault. They are the lines fault. It was a silent count most of the game which is controlled by the line.  And their timing was off multiple times. (I would be willing to give the first one to Sims but it wasn’t a great snap)

I seem to remember a certain center that was rolled for bad snaps and causing Adrian to fumble. Very few of those were tagged to Martinez and rightly left at the feet of the bad snap. 

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, soup said:

So unpopular take here. Sims fumbles are not necessarily his fault. They are the lines fault. It was a silent count most of the game which is controlled by the line.  And their timing was off multiple times. (I would be willing to give the first one to Sims but it wasn’t a great snap)

I seem to remember a certain center that was rolled for bad snaps and causing Adrian to fumble. Very few of those were tagged to Martinez and rightly left at the feet of the bad snap. 

Big difference between Sims being hit right in the hands and dropping it, versus Cam throwing it 3 yards to the right of Adrian or at his feet.  

If it's anywhere near his hands, it's the QBs fault. 

• Plus1 2