Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

25 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The most luck he seems to have is that 99% of the fan base seems unable to rip on him no matter what he does.

Sims could walk on water and Husker fans would be like "SEEEEEE, I told you he can't swim!"

FWIW...i have walked on water...it's not really that big of a deal.   

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Program needs to get dirty in the off season.  Hopefully they have someone digging through the lower tier teams looking for a QB we can steal with an "opportunity" and/or NIL money.

If the rumors are to be believed, you might need to look just a little south for the guy we'll be targeting for NIL...

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
22 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

I'm sorry but as a former player and GA for various D2 and jucos after college, i can tell you your bolded statement above is 100% false.  Mechanics is more than just arm angle- its dropback/step back cadence and timing depending on the play, its consistent footwork that is always in motion and ready to throw at a moments notice and not being off balanced, its about maintaining proper balance in and out of the pocket so you're not leaning back (as the TM video above tried to point out), its about engaging the core and hips in the right way so you're using your whole body to throw with power (not just with pure arm strength), accuracy and consistency.  All of which is before we even get to arm angles/releases and timing w/ receivers.  I haven't even touched on head movement/eye movement to not telegraph where you're throwing and deceive a DB into covering a guy you aren't throwing to.  All of this (and much more) falls in QB mechanics 

There's a famous quarterback whisperer — I think Taylor Martinez was sent to. him one summer -- who says footwork is so important for a QB that he doesn't even let them throw for a couple weeks until they get it down. 

I think the OC can help Haarberg a lot.

I really wanted the Husker offense to deliver the NW win just by getting that first down on third and seven with three or so minutes left.

When they lined up with an empty backfield  I said "QB draw" out loud. Then the announcers said the same thing. No doubt the NW picked up on the obvious and snuffed it out.

I would like to see that play in less obvious usage in the first half. And while QBs get criticized for not staying patient in the pocket for receivers to get separation, that's not our situation here. We're back to a Jammal Lord dynamic, and I think Haarberg could cut and run whenever that big stretch of green appears and end up with better per play yardage over the course of the game.