malachi coleman

BoSolich

This definitely doesn’t need a new thread. It’s been two games and he is a true freshman. I think they will play them when he is ready or when there is no chance at making a bowl game. The offense is awful at every position. This could go down as one of the worst Nebraska offenses in the past 20-30 years. Coleman isn’t saving that. 

• TBH 5
50 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He played Saturday.  Didn't get targeted because he wasn't open 

BRO - Gary I think, said he was wide open on an out route, but wasn’t targeted. Not sure if there was more than one play. 

I was at the game, but of course didn’t see it notice anything. Lol. 

8 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

When I saw him in he didn't do anything.  One play was a run and he loafed 

Short Side Option mentioned this earlier in the season.  Said he could be all conference, but lacked a solid work ethic (paraphrased).  We could really use his ability.  If he’d really use his ability.  A smart HC/OC would get a few plays he could run in his sleep and use those.  Have him run other routes to keep DC’s honest, but use him and his limited experience. 

• Plus1 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I know we all get frustrated when young guys aren’t seeing the field, when we think they can contribute. But, at some point it comes down to the player to do the work and do well enough in practice to see the field. I was one who didn’t think Malachi would make much impact at WR this year.  I thought he was raw and would need time to develop, and as @Red Five mentioned, Coleman’s recruiting rankings came from his size, speed, and athletic ability, and not necessarily his production in high school. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

I think its fear that he will bolt, its to easy to leave now when you dont get what you want.

That's my concern about a slow rebuild, develop guys approach of Rhule.  Transfer portal makes that a lot harder.  I think most kids recruited now are wanting to play immediately.  Maybe Rhule's diamond in the rough approach will work with kids who are not on the radar or didn't hit all the camps...