Sims vs HH

ndobney

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

See I think that is the huge issue.  Right now, when he throws the ball it feels like an "oh s#!t" moment. 

4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

The few long balls I have seen in 2 games have just been nuked.  Air mailed as hard as he can chuck it.

It's all footwork from what I've seen; he needs a better transition of power from his legs and hips on those deep throws. Anything low trajectory, across the middle of the field or closer to the LOS has generally been good; his TD throw to Fidone was a good throw; that's because he can power those throws with just his arm. Anything deeper down the field is a crapshoot. 

• Plus1 1

Sim makes me nervous when he goes to throw farther than two yards. I didn't feel that same uneasiness with the first ever starter Haarberg. 

My thought is that Sims shouldn't get the job back until Haarberg makes the mistakes Sims did. HH isn't turning over the ball, and I hope he doesn't. Sims in my opinion has lost that right to immediately come back after what we saw in Game 1 and 2. 

1 minute ago, Micheal said:

Sim makes me nervous when he goes to throw farther than two yards. I didn't feel that same uneasiness with the first ever starter Haarberg. 

My thought is that Sims shouldn't get the job back until Haarberg makes the mistakes Sims did. HH isn't turning over the ball, and I hope he doesn't. Sims in my opinion has lost that right to immediately come back after what we saw in Game 1 and 2. 

Oh, Haarberg is a far better decision maker; his mechanics just have to be ironed out a bit. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Oh, Haarberg is a far better decision maker; his mechanics just have to be ironed out a bit. 

Agreed. I would rather have someone that makes the right decisions with slower legs and a weaker arm. 

I know Sims might have a higher ceiling but the basement is so much lower as well. And we don't need to live in a dungeon. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
13 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Sim's fumbleruski pass??  36 yards I believe. 

And let's not forget the only times Sims has scores has been on poorly executed fluke plays. On the fumble-pass the ball hit him right in the hands, he dropped it and luckily it bounced right back into his hands and he had a receiver so wide open the Russians could have hit him without collateral damage. 

Pretty sure his rushing td was a broken pass play that he scrambed on.

Making something out of a broken play is great except when broken plays are the only way you can make things happen. When he operates within the offense he loses concentration and screws up. Almost like he's bored out there. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Anybody that thinks Sims is better than Haarberg doesn’t watch football. 
HH lead multiple methodical drives. Sims does exactly what he did at GT, drives start with some juice then sputter out just past midfield and end up in punts or turn overs. The only points Sims is responsible for was when the opposing defense got caught pissing down their leg. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1