Sims vs HH

ndobney

HH, ball security, better game manager, spreads the ball/touches around, more efficient, more energy and leadership, puts the defense in better position. 

While Sims may be a better homerun threat that’s it.  He strikes out too much that a meaningless homerun is not important.  Bottom line, HH gives us better chance to win, 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

HH, ball security, better game manager, spreads the ball/touches around, more efficient, more energy and leadership, puts the defense in better position. 

While Sims may be a better homerun threat that’s it.  He strikes out too much that a meaningless homerun is not important.  Bottom line, HH gives us better chance to win, 

Yeah and I was thinking with a porous line and the young wr we have I am not sure how many home run chances we would get anyways

Easy knee jerk reaction is HH. I too was calling for a change during the CU game. Sims WILL be the starter when he gets healthy. We can debate it, but it is very clear that Rhule and Co see more upside with Sims. HH played well enough to beat a min power 5 school at home.  You can’t compare that to 2 power 5 schools on the road. He did not drop a snap or throw a dumb pick, which is a HUGE upgrade. He also missed a handful of zone read’s which would have been big plays. I actually hope that Sims is healthy enough to play next week, so we can all compare apples to apples…. Because if he turns ball over at home vs non power 5 team, then it is an easy decision and the arguments for Sims should be put to rest.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 3

I think I want the guy who can do simple, really well.  Right now our team needs an O to drive the ball, score some points.  Not put the D in a bad spot.  

While this is a thread about QB's.  Do we have other OL who can do simple well?

I think HH should be the guy.  He seems to do simple well.  You know, receive the snap and hold on to the ball.  Simms will start when he is healthy.  Let's see how short the leash is.

• TBH 2

Start the one that keeps our Defense off the field more.  The Offense won't win us a lot of games. I t may have cost us two already under Sims' helm.  

D is our strength.  Keep them energized and engaged.  That means an Offense to manage and control a game.  Then, we have real chances when Special Teams shows up that particular day.  

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Everyone who was badmouthing Satterfield's play calling....Crouch, Frazier, Ganz, Gdowski, Haarberg are just fine with it. Pretty good first game. A huge relief to see the QB playing it safe when nothing is there and living to play another down. This performance will give direction to all the QBs.

Saw him in multiple situations where you could tell he wanted to throw it down field,  didn’t like what he saw and pulled it down and ran for 4 or 5 yards. Sims tries to force it in those situations and it results in a pic. 
give HH the keys for Christs sake. He’s stayed committed to this team for years without getting a shot. He’s a local kid. He’s paid his dues and with that performance last night, deserves to be qb1. I honestly don’t know if we come away with a win with Sims at the helm. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I'd have Sims in, but keep him on a short leash. If he can settle down a little, he's the better QB. But of course, nothing in the game wipes out a player's (or a team's) advantages faster than turnovers...

• Fire 1