Does NU have a chance in the B1G West?

Red Five

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

All three have been awful throwing the ball this year so it’s really not saying much that one is “better” than the other, and Thompson has no chance to improve upon it but his past says yes he is better than HH.  

Except in the stats that were posted that I was replying to he was by far the worst.

25 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Except in the stats that were posted that I was replying to he was by far the worst.

Thomson and Sims were basically the same rating, less than three points difference.    

And in terms of QBR, which as we all know can be a flawed stat anyways https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2493253-the-8-most-useless-stats-in-todays-ever-evolving-nfl#:~:text=Passer Rating%2FQBR&text=Aaron Rodgers is the league's,leaves something to be desired. a 40 isn’t a whole heck of a lot better than a 28.1.  So not really by far the worst. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... the part where you didn't use the phrase "teams versus defense" would make it pretty hard to understand.

If you would like to provide which stat you're using to make the claim, be my guest.  You rarely do.

I said the phrase "he played better teams", then you chimed in with a specific defensive stat. Seems really straightforward to someone not just looking to make a smarta$$ sarcastic remark. The stat which you could use is the W-L record, like a normal person would. Minnesota and Colorado have winning records. Northern Illinois, La. Tech and Illinois all have losing records.  I also said except Michigan.  I went on to say the whole offense is terrible, so it didn't matter which QB, but you ignored that. 

You're a mod,  be better than this.  Don't sink to the rest of our levels with the petty bickering.

• TBH 2
2 hours ago, ndobney said:

Right now I think we can beat Northwestern Michigan state and Purdue. Iowa is a push Wisconsin beats us and I think Maryland looks good but how many times have I seen them look good the first part of the year then completely fall off. We actually match up well with them

Maryland is currently the best team on the remaining schedule, and you're alluding to that in your post.

Minnesota probably won't be in the running. And I think we'll beat Iowa if we stay healthy. But the problem is that even if we beat Wisconsin they still might be on top of the West leaderboard because of their easy cross-divisional schedule this year.

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I said the phrase "he played better teams", then you chimed in with a specific defensive stat. Seems really straightforward to someone not just looking to make a smarta$$ sarcastic remark. The stat which you could use is the W-L record, like a normal person would. Minnesota and Colorado have winning records. Northern Illinois, La. Tech and Illinois all have losing records.  I also said except Michigan.  I went on to say the whole offense is terrible, so it didn't matter which QB, but you ignored that. 

You're a mod,  be better than this.  Don't sink to the rest of our levels with the petty bickering.

A defensive stat would seem appropriate when comparing how two quarterbacks have played.  How good or bad an opponnent's offense has has significantly less (zero direct) impact on how our quarterbacks perform.  In your example, Colorado has a pretty good offense but a terrible defense.  But Colorado's good offense wasn't making it tougher for Sims.

So, no, just going off an opponent's W-L record isn't "really straightforward", it's overly simplified to the point of not really telling us anything about how good or bad a QB should have played against them.  Thus, talking about how good the defenses that we've faces isn't being sarcastic, it's actually looking to see what has happened.

• Plus1 4
43 minutes ago, Mavric said:

A defensive stat would seem appropriate when comparing how two quarterbacks have played.  How good or bad an opponnent's offense has has significantly less (zero direct) impact on how our quarterbacks perform.  In your example, Colorado has a pretty good offense but a terrible defense.  But Colorado's good offense wasn't making it tougher for Sims.

So, no, just going off an opponent's W-L record isn't "really straightforward", it's overly simplified to the point of not really telling us anything about how good or bad a QB should have played against them.  Thus, talking about how good the defenses that we've faces isn't being sarcastic, it's actually looking to see what has happened.

jennifer-lawrence-thumbs-up.gif

I’m concerned with the opponents remaining who have good defenses. Iowa and Wisconsin.  There’s so little room for error when we will struggle to score. The good offensive teams, I think our D will step up and neutralize and allow HH to power us to a win. 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You seriously don't know where Kearney is?  Have you ever been to Nebraska?  In terms of Nebraska cities, Kearney isn't a "small town".  I thought I was bad with me being from Omaha and thinking anything west of Lincoln is "Western Nebraska".

LOL yeah I have to be honest, I have no clue where Kearney is.  I lived in Ralston between 2 years old and 10 years old (then moved back to Texas).  It was late 70's through early 80s.  The only places I recall about Omaha were the parks and restaurants that we went to all the time.  Hanscom Park, Peony Park (summer swimming), Aksarben (relatives had a horse), the stockyards, the Zoo, Rosenblatt, Johnny's Cafe, Bohemian Cafe, and Joe Tess for catfish.  I went back a few times for funerals during the early 2000's and didn't recognize so many places.  Omaha was so developed.  Also couldn't find my way around because I never drove as a kid lol.  So yeah, I'm only familiar with Omaha, Council Bluffs and Lincoln.  That's it. 

• Plus1 3
9 hours ago, skers83 said:

Kearney is just west of Gibbon which is just west of Shelton which is just west of Wood River..hometown of Scott Frost. Hope this helps.:)

And just west of that you may find Ogallala and if you drive fast enough from Kearney to Ogallala you can time travel 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3