Does NU have a chance in the B1G West?

Red Five

Just now, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

So if we win the West and Michigan wins the East and Michigan's wins end up getting vacated, do we win the B10?

I don't know what the conference bylaws are, but in this hypothetical, it would likely be a situation similar to 2012 wherein tOSU won the east but was ineligible to compete in the CCG so Wisconsin took their spot.

The CCG's are lucrative so I feel quite confident they'd have one, even if they had to take the #2 team in the east.

• Oh Yeah! 1
On 10/29/2023 at 12:36 PM, Enhance said:

I don't know what the conference bylaws are, but in this hypothetical, it would likely be a situation similar to 2012 wherein tOSU won the east but was ineligible to compete in the CCG so Wisconsin took their spot.

The CCG's are lucrative so I feel quite confident they'd have one, even if they had to take the #2 team in the east.

I meant after the game was played.  I was looking up what happened to USC Oklahoma in 2004.  USC got their win vacated, but Oklahoma wasn't post facto crowned champion, so I assume now that's how this would work.

• TBH 1
43 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Also depends on whether any punishment comes before or after the CCG. If it drags out long enough, Meatchicken could still play in the CCG.

NEBRASKA HUSKERS (5-3, 3-2)
Most direct path to the Big Ten title game: Win out; need Minnesota to lose once

Nebraska is the hottest team in the Big Ten West. Winners in five of their last six games, the Huskers are rolling under new coach Matt Rhule after an 0-2 start to the season. The Nebraska defense is holding Big Ten opponents (not named Michigan) to 10.8 points per game. Still, the Huskers lead the nation with 24 fumbles (11 lost), a trend that could catch up to them once again down the stretch in November. The last two games of the regular season against Iowa and Wisconsin could very well decide whether Nebraska wins the Big Ten West and returns to Indianapolis for the first time since 2012.

10 hours ago, Enhance said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Wisconsin was third choice after PSU who was also sanctioned