What did we learn Michigan Game

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

Of course he knew but it's a non-f'ing issue. It's legal! They went against the rule of in person, big whoop. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. I want to push the boundaries and win championships. This is a competitive sport, do what it takes.

Leave it to the B1G/NCAA to punish someone for going against something other levels of the sport have already easily solved. There is no reason Power 5 teams shouldn't have microphones in QB helmets. None. This is the dumbest thing ever people.  College football can be the worst sometimes.

They broke the rules in stunning fashion, man. Doesn't matter if it's a good rule or not. If this were one or two games with just Stalions scouting maybe they'd get probation, but this was a full blown conspiracy involving multiple people and payments.

U of M is also in deep s#!t now because:

They flat out lied to the B1G...

Said they couldn't be punished by the B1G...

The University’s response did not deny that the impermissible scheme 
occurred but argued that the Conference did not have the authority to enforce its own rules. 

Tried to stonewall the B1G...

the Conference requested the University’s consent to 
allow the Conference to obtain from the NCAA all documents and information that the NCAA 
had made available to the University in connection with the investigation into the impermissible 
scheme. The University initially refused to provide such consent, citing confidentiality 
provisions in the NCAA’s bylaws. The University also asserted that “[h]istorically, the NCAA, 
to our knowledge, has not permitted disclosure.” The Conference promptly obtained written 
confirmation from the NCAA that it did not object to providing such documents and information 
upon receiving the University’s consent. The University ultimately provided its consent after 
receiving this written confirmation from the NCAA. 

And then threatened the B1G...

Finally, the University argued that it believed it had evidence of other

Conference members engaging in impermissible in-person sign-stealing, and therefore urged the

Conference to “act cautiously”—essentially an argument that violations of the Sportsmanship

Rule should be overlooked if “everyone is doing it.” 

https://bigten.org/documents/2023/11/10//Correspondence_from_conference_to_institution_dated_Nov_10_2023.pdf?id=9450

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 2

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

Of course he knew but it's a non-f'ing issue. It's legal! They went against the rule of in person, big whoop. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. I want to push the boundaries and win championships. This is a competitive sport, do what it takes.

YpmGF4p.gif

On 11/11/2023 at 4:42 AM, ZRod said:

They broke the rules in stunning fashion, man. Doesn't matter if it's a good rule or not. If this were one or two games with just Stalions scouting maybe they'd get probation, but this was a full blown conspiracy involving multiple people and payments.

U of M is also in deep s#!t now because:

They flat out lied to the B1G...

Said they couldn't be punished by the B1G...

Tried to stonewall the B1G...

And then threatened the B1G...

https://bigten.org/documents/2023/11/10//Correspondence_from_conference_to_institution_dated_Nov_10_2023.pdf?id=9450

I didn't know all that extra stuff, I was just posting about the in person part (after a couple drinks) :lol:

That's great info, thanks.

• 1 month later...

9 hours ago, ZRod said:

They have some of the worst fans. And they'll be even more insufferable now. I hope Jim takes that Chargers gig and they have to vacate wins.

I'm suppose to finish a job in Ann Arbor this week. I called the client and told them I have covid and I'll see them next week. No fugging way I'm spend the rest of week downtown Ann Arbor.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4