What players leave? 2023/24 version

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really?  After the jump in production he's had this season?

Sure.  I would love to keep him, but won’t fret if he leaves either.   I’d be more bummed if someone like EJ left than Fidone.   And that’a coming from someone who wished we could have gotten Fidone more involved early in the year. 

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, Toe said:

Don't think Henrich will be back...

Man, some of the idiotic comments about Fidone (including a couple right on this page). The guy is basically playing his first year of college ball after having to take two years off, and they're apparently pissed that he didn't make the Heisman finals or something?

I didn’t see comments about him not making a Heisman finalist and being mad.  Maybe you could link to those:dunno.  

At least for me.  If he stays, awesome!   I think he could be productive.   If he leaves, his production SO FAR, can easily be replaced.  

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I didn’t comments about no making a Heisman finalist and being mad.  Maybe you could link to those:dunno.  

At least for me.  If he stays, awesome!   I think he could be productive.   If he leaves, his production SO FAR, can easily be replaced.  

He could have had a better season, sure. But I'd like to see how he improves this off season. 

Also of note: the TE coach position. Maybe it made a difference, maybe it didn't, but having your position coach changed right before the season can't be that beneficial. 

7 hours ago, chamrocck said:

We have a TE that is a threat in the passing game.  We just need a QB that can pass the ball. Yes he needs to improve his blocking but so does the majority of the team.  

This sums up the major difference to me between the success of the O vs the D.  The physicality and "dog" mentality shown by the D.  They were laying dudes out.  Hard hitting, gang tackling, punishing etc....The O, not so much.  They lacked the physicality in the blocking department across the board.  From OL, to FB, to TE and WR's... really see the receivers fight for the ball or really "get after it". Hard I know, when the passing game was erratic, but none of our guys went after the ball like I have seen other teams.  The "eye ball" test comes to mind.  RB's did well, but would love to see them become sledge hammers that by quarter 4, the D doesn't want to hit.  Unsure how the D developed that (coaches?) and the O did not (coaches?).  Younger guys on O, QB play etc all factored in.  Here's to next year.  (After we beat Iowa and get a bowl!)

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, lo country said:

This sums up the major difference to me between the success of the O vs the D.  The physicality and "dog" mentality shown by the D.  They were laying dudes out.  Hard hitting, gang tackling, punishing etc....The O, not so much.  They lacked the physicality in the blocking department across the board.  From OL, to FB, to TE and WR's... really see the receivers fight for the ball or really "get after it". Hard I know, when the passing game was erratic, but none of our guys went after the ball like I have seen other teams.  The "eye ball" test comes to mind.  RB's did well, but would love to see them become sledge hammers that by quarter 4, the D doesn't want to hit.  Unsure how the D developed that (coaches?) and the O did not (coaches?).  Younger guys on O, QB play etc all factored in.  Here's to next year.  (After we beat Iowa and get a bowl!)

Did I say I like Korn?  We do need toughness and more aggression on the O side to match what the D brings to the table. The mental mistakes seem to point out a lack of focus or a lack of confidence besides the obvious lack of discipline. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
16 hours ago, chamrocck said:

We have a TE that is a threat in the passing game.  We just need a QB that can pass the ball. Yes he needs to improve his blocking but so does the majority of the team.  

16 hours ago, chamrocck said:

It couldn't hurt if they threw to him. Looks  like our best bet, to move the chains 6-7 yards when they do,  which is far and in between. He seems like an after thought, when the do throw to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves.

GBR!!!

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

Word is that Hutmacher is probably coming back as well.  

And Benhart leaning towards coming back, but still on the fence.

Great news.  Benhart has quietly improved.  Need veterans back.  We have painfully seen what a lack of quality depth does.  Be great to start having a plug and play 2 deep across the board.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1