Potential Assistant coach change(s)

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's a simple one and one where I'm actually impressed with Satterfield.  He went to a way more run heavy offense trying to use the option.  Yes....we still had to pass some.  No offense today could run 100% of the time.  

But....if Dylan is really as good as advertised and we have decent WRs, expect next year to be way more like what he really wants to run (while still being simplified some due to a true freshman QB).  And, I expect us to pass more.

College Football Stats - College FB Team Rushing Play Percentage | TeamRankings.com

On 1/11/2024 at 2:42 PM, BigRedBuster said:

The only way Holgorson is interested in the OC job is if it's for 1 year.  So, you really think that you give up on Satterfield and boot him to the curb....when good players want to come play for him....and we haven't seen anywhere close to what he really wants to run....just so you can have a one year guy and then be looking for the 3rd OC in 3 years a year from now?  

Hard pass on that for me.

Yes, without a moment's hesitation.  You hire the significantly better coach 100% of the time. 

There's zero good reason to take a chance on a "wait-and-see" guy if you have a home run hire lined up.  

I don't necessarily agree with the premise that if he is interested he's only interested for one year.  It's much more likely he wouldn't be interested at all.

Even if he is only here a year, that means he did a really good job and someone poached him.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

I just hope they stop trying to please the fans by reminiscing about the olden days and start trying to please the fans by putting together the best offense for today. There's a time and place for our old running game but it's obviously not Satterfield's bag...nor apparently 99% of other modern coaches.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I just hope they stop trying to please the fans by reminiscing about the olden days and start trying to please the fans by putting together the best offense for today. There's a time and place for our old running game but it's obviously not Satterfield's bag...nor apparently 99% of other modern coaches.

I mean Michigan just won a natty with 140 passing yards to 303 rushing yards:dunno

• TBH 4

5 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Yeah, Harbaugh and his team of 5 stars are that 1%. And I bet they ran Power I too.

Michigan has not been a top 5 recruiting team in the country. Total talent rank according to recruiting is 14. Development and evaluation has been elite. They don’t get a bunch of 5 starts like Ohio state 

• Plus1 4
11 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Yeah, Harbaugh and his team of 5 stars are that 1%. And I bet they ran Power I too.

Like @swmohusker said, Michigan has been #20, #12, #13 and #10 the past four years.  They were #14 in 247's roster talent composite.  Nebraska is #21.

They have two five-stars.  McCarthy and Will Johnson.  So even though they have a five-star QB they were run-heavy.

And not exactly a "team of five-stars".

• Plus1 1