The Israel-Hamas War

1 hour ago, nic said:

How many of these fights did Israel start, going back to 1948 when the British mandate ended and the UN divided this land up? 

Depends how you want to define "start", because Israel launched "preemptive" attacks most of the time, but they were usually provoke in some manor beforehand.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, nic said:

How many of these fights did Israel start, going back to 1948 when the British mandate ended and the UN divided this land up? Seems like everytime someone picks a fight, Israel wins and takes more land as a result.  They took the Golan Heights for security. They built walls to protect against suicide bombers. That actually worked. Then they had to build the Iron dome for the rockets. Now that got overwhelmed. There are Israeli Arabs with full rights in Israel. I suspect they could get along peacefully if everyone around them wasn't trying to annihilate them.

Who started what is never an easy thing to answer, and also personally not that interesting to me past the age of 9. Every skirmish and bombing and dust up and uprising and blockade and terrible moment since 1948 has factors that preceded it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
On 11/1/2023 at 9:39 AM, suh_fan93 said:

Allow me to translate Hamad's statement:

"We're going to repeat October 7th-like attacks until another country with a much bigger military than ours (like Iran, Syria, or Turkey) hopefully decides to join us."

Without that, and at the rate the "war" is going currently, Palestine itself might completely cease to exist by New Year's if Israel really wanted to. Analysts that were in-the-know knew this. Hamas' goals could not possibly succeed unless this thing matastasizes into at minimum a major regional war.

Hamas = f***** up wackos with even more insane priorities

• TBH 3
4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Allow me to translate Hamad's statement:

Without that, and at the rate the "war" is going currently, Palestine itself might completely cease to exist by New Year's if Israel really wanted to. Analysts that were in-the-know knew this. Hamas' goals could not possibly succeed unless this thing matastasizes into at minimum a major regional war.

Hamas = f***** up wackos with even more insane priorities

I have a customer in Israel and I gave him my best wishes and prayers.  He responded with

Thank you very much for your warm words and care. Indeed, our country has suffered from an heinous attach by the non humans terrorists, and we hope to overcome this soon

Oh look.  There's that Wagner thing again we aren't expected to know anything about or be concerned with because it'll never effect our kids.

Any questions that Trump's besties Putin and Russia aren't behind stoking this war seem to be fading fast. 

• Plus1 1

I have never heard of this organization, but I am  not surprised by the UNs anti semitism. The US needs to find a way to selectively funds the useful parts of the UN and defund the wasteful parts. Maybe that is whole thing at this point.:D

The U.K.-based Institute for Monitoring Peace and Cultural Tolerance in School Education (IMPACT-se) wrote in its 123-page report released Monday, that "at least 14 teachers and staff at UNRWA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees) schools have publicly celebrated the October 7 massacre and other Hamas attacks on their social media accounts."

IMPACT-se CEO Marcus Sheff said, "Time and again we have warned that UNRWA staff and school materials have created a breeding ground for terror. Our worst fears have now been tragically realized with the horrific attack on Oct. 7. All governments that fund UNWRA, including the United States, must urgently review and concurrently freeze financial support to UNRWA to help ensure that another generation is not lost to the evils of hatred and incitement."

The report reveals that Mahmoud Abu Adhm, an UNRWA employee in Gaza, posted numerous pro-Hamas messages in support of the Oct. 7 atrocities. On Oct. 10, he encouraged Hamas to murder Israeli hostages, stating, "Do not walk past a captive who has not been given amnesty without striking off his neck so as to terrorize the enemy." He cited Islamic texts that promote cruelty toward the enemy, noted IMPACT-se.

Afaf Talab, a teacher who the IMPACT-se report says is employed by UNRWA, shared on his Facebook page a video in which the Hamas massacre is termed the "first real victory" on the way to liberating all Palestinians.

12 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

And yet they still haven't done a single thing about healthcare costs, gun control, improving the national infrastructure, investing in infrastructure for EVs, lowering the national debt, or any other serious political issue affecting Americans.

• TBH 2
53 minutes ago, ZRod said:

And yet they're still haven't done a single thing about healthcare costs, gun control, improving the national infrastructure, investing in infrastructure for EVs, lowering the national debt, or any other serious political issue affecting Americans.

You are right. Evidently none of these have the zing factor.