**** Northwestern Game Day Thread****

Never apologize for a win.  I know it wasn't pretty, but if you are expecting for NU to "win pretty" you haven't been watching this team all year.

Just now, Archy1221 said:

Glad they won.  Gotta get more production out of the QB though.   HH has been worse than bad throwing the ball for a few games now. 

I agree with you, but it's hard to bench a guy who has won 4 out of 5 games.

• TBH 1

We don't have a good QB. But I don't care, if we win. Hopefully we find someone good before next season.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Never apologize for a win.  I know it wasn't pretty, but if you are expecting for NU to "win pretty" you haven't been watching this team all year.

Past ~10 years? 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree with you, but it's hard to bench a guy who has won 4 out of 5 games.

It doesn’t inspire confidence in the team if they know that the QB doesn’t sit regardless of how poor they play though. Even if it’s just a series here and there, the coaches need to figure out a way to mix in QBs if HH is playing as poorly as he has been for +80% of each game. 

• TBH 2

While our defense is really good and can keep us in games, our offense is so bad that they can’t win against teams that have a pulse. The fact that Rhule stuck with Haarberg even though he looked completely off is really concerning. We all know Sims is not that much better but giving him one series to see what he can do might be the smart thing to do. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

7 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

It doesn’t inspire confidence in the team if they know that the QB doesn’t sit regardless of how poor they play though. Even if it’s just a series here and there, the coaches need to figure out a way to mix in QBs if HH is playing as poorly as he has been for +80% of each game. 

If he turns the ball over a lot next game then I agree. But I would take bad QB who doesn't turn the ball over over what we saw with Sims. Bad QB turning the ball over then fine, let them both play.

1 minute ago, Heretic Husker said:

interesting that Northwestern used a wildcat QB and Rhule never thinks about the possibilities of Sims for a few plays to mix it up when Haarberg is playing as bad as he was- also, his upright running style is going to get him killed

But, Northwestern's Wildcat QB wasn't effective.  It's not like he did anything against NU's D.