2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

5 hours ago, GSG said:

@TGHusker Saw some people saying the sports talk on the radio in Tulsa were saying McCord cancelled a visit to Okie St and it's pretty much a done deal to NU. You hear anything like that?

I personally didn’t hear it but my brother picked up on it. I have my hopes that it is true — along wt the OSU WR teammate coming also

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

True but the other wr's weren't.  He started for us the first game of the year and got benched.  I could see if it was for lack of effort but to go from starting to bench in a drop of a dime bc no explanation was giving how would anybody handle that??  Yes you would have to hear both sides of the story but I don't blame him for leaving.

I think he was told if you can't catch the ball you won't see the field.  I remember him getting a few nice catches then going all stone hands while Palmer was catching anything thrown at him.  IGC reminded me of a faster Warner in the end zone his first year here, dropped quite a few and I am pretty sure he was not trusted anymore by the QB's to catch the ball.

1 hour ago, Scofrosghost said:

Not that odd considering they recruited DK. Seems like they have been planning to go that direction for a while now. 

If that's the point they wanted to go (given Satts preference) just seems odd in hindsight they go after Sims year one.  And after having run the entire season (out of necessity) with a QB ru centric offense, we might be getting the most static of the "better" QB's in the portal.Kaelin is definitely a traditional QB only running for 169 yards this season on 60 some odd attempts.  And looking at Raiola's stats, he hasn't had positive yards as a rusher since Soph year.  So you have a point that we appear to moving into the era of a static QB.....

• TBH 1
8 hours ago, lo country said:

If that's the point they wanted to go (given Satts preference) just seems odd in hindsight they go after Sims year one.  And after having run the entire season (out of necessity) with a QB ru centric offense, we might be getting the most static of the "better" QB's in the portal.

My best guess: Rhule started watching film right away and saw QBs getting injured from brutal assaults while OL just stood and watched, and figured a mobile QB for the time being might help while the line got shored up.

Or maybe Rhule just has ADHD and is all over the place, I'm not a mind-reader for crying out loud.

• TBH 2

10 hours ago, lo country said:

If that's the point they wanted to go (given Satts preference) just seems odd in hindsight they go after Sims year one.  And after having run the entire season (out of necessity) with a QB ru centric offense, we might be getting the most static of the "better" QB's in the portal.Kaelin is definitely a traditional QB only running for 169 yards this season on 60 some odd attempts.  And looking at Raiola's stats, he hasn't had positive yards as a rusher since Soph year.  So you have a point that we appear to moving into the era of a static QB.....

If you look at the QBs in the portal last year.  It was not great.  And the ones that were great I don't think wanted to be apart of a year one transformation.  This year's crop of QBs in night and day different.

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/top/football/2023/?position=qb

image.thumb.png.4928286519ae39b1579f9b76fccd543c.png

image.thumb.png.2db8ccc07708d89ec4d1c810d1db6b46.png

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, Decked said:

Think bringing back Rahmir instead of trying to get a portal RB is also a mistake. Similar to bringing back IGC instead of another transfer. Wish we would’ve gotten Lacy. 

Add a big bruiser back. We don’t have backs that can push the pile and I don’t think we’ll be running the QB as much.

• TBH 1
5 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Add a big bruiser back. We don’t have backs that can push the pile and I don’t think we’ll be running the QB as much.

Exactly my thought if possible. Rhamir has a limited skill set now add season ending injury & no breakout seasons. 

• Plus1 1