2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

On 1/5/2024 at 6:27 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Something that some of these guys are going to figure out is that their reputation and attitude can negatively affect if a company is going to pay them a bunch of money for advertising.

I have a feeling that advertisers will quickly get more careful about their college player endorsements, and the short, white-hot love affair with Deion Sanders and Colorado has become more of a cautionary tale, less likely to be repeated. 

• Plus1 1

Nice.  Should add depth & competition to the group.  Still has to beat out Emmett & the other returning RBs. 

Meaning, forget the high school stars when players were rated among HS players.  Dowdell has some work ahead of him to do, and competition.

Dowdell 17-90-1 - 5 games

Emmett 90-411-2 - 5 games

Plus, 

Rahmir Johnson - 172-739-6 and 27-258-2 receiving (career)

Gabe 95-414-3 (career)

and Kwinten Ives (RS Fresh)

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, admo said:

Nice.  Should add depth & competition to the group.  Still has to beat out Emmett & the other returning RBs. 

Meaning, forget the high school stars when players were rated among HS players.  Dowdell has some work ahead of him to do, and competition.

Dowdell 17-90-1 - 5 games

Emmett 90-411-2 - 5 games

Plus, 

Rahmir Johnson - 172-739-6 and 27-258-2 receiving (career)

Gabe 95-414-3 (career)

and Kwinten Ives (RS Fresh)

He's not here to add depth. He'll probably get the start. He's a more complete running back (outside of pass pro, which I didn't see any highlights for) than anything we have on the roster right now. The only thing he lacks is breakaway speed.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
14 minutes ago, ZRod said:

He's not here to add depth. He'll probably get the start. He's a more complete running back (outside of pass pro, which I didn't see any highlights for) than anything we have on the roster right now. The only thing he lacks is breakaway speed.

He lacks a burst, but he seems to run away from guys once he gets going! 

• TBH 1
20 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Thanks @ZRod  I sure hope you are right.  

Although I do like the way that kid Emmett runs.

6 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Emmet is 20 lb lighter & quicker, he could be a 3rd down back.  Donate is your downhill bruiser. 

He did way more than "He could be a 3rd down back"

Just saying.  

And if your thinking about EJ turns out to be accurate, then that is ok.  

I'd rather run a bruiser on 2nd and 3 then on 1st and 10.  But that's just me.