What did we learn? Maryland edition

Enhance

25 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

There is actually quite a bit of good content on Peacock, if you can put up with 2-3 minutes of commercials before the show you want to watch. Also they seem to get a lot of new release movies before other streamers, Cocaine Bear and Knock at the Cabin being a couple I recall recently.

Luckily we get it for no additional charge with our cable package. I was going to say for free but the cable pkg is far from cheap or free. Anyway, might be worth a few bucks for a few months to check it out.

I did like the twisted metal series and the John Wick prequel type show about Winston though I can't remember the name.

This program really struggles to piece a complimentary roster together. Rhule is going to have to hitch his strategy to the portal just a little bit every year. They need a dynamic running back and good pass first QB. Then two lineman who can start. Anything beyond that will be gravy. 

• Fire 1

On 11/11/2023 at 7:57 PM, CheeseHusker said:

It is the most basic of basic game management. There is literally ONE THING that you cannot do under any circumstances in that situation. ONE.

If nobody is open in the end zone, the ball needs to be thrown into the 14th row. It should not be in the same area code as any opposing defensive back.

I agree that Satt should have just called a run play, took the 3 points and put our defense out to hold them 1 last time...  BUT...  the more I look at that play Coleman WAS open and appears to have just given up on the route...

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

I agree that Satt should have just called a run play, took the 3 points and put our defense out to hold them 1 last time...  BUT...  the more I look at that play Coleman WAS open and appears to have just given up on the route...

Seems to me the short slant to the tall guy would be a much high percentage throw than the out to the pylon and the short guy. Teams run that slant on the goal line a lot to decent success.

• TBH 2

We had a 65% run/pass ratio against Maryland. That's about where we had been at. You probably can't just call 80% runs against a B1G defense.

We picked up 183 yards on the ground and averaged 4.6 yards per carry. There's really nothing wrong with that, those numbers are potentially just fine...but then we only had 86 yards passing, and of course threw 4 INT's.

Against Wisconsin we're going to have to probably rely on the ground game.

Do we even know who's going to start at QB? People have said that Sims doesn't want to play in a 5th game so he can count this season as a redshirt year but who knows if that's even true. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Undone said:

We picked up 183 yards on the ground and averaged 4.6 yards per carry. There's really nothing wrong with that, those numbers are potentially just fine...but then we only had 86 yards passing, and of course threw 4 INT's.

I'm going to state the obvious.  The huge red flag here is the 4 INTs.  If those don't happen and the play calling is very similar, the passing yards (and even the rushing yards) are probably increased quite a bit.  At least the scoring would be and we would be having very different conversations right now.

• Plus1 1