What did we learn? Maryland edition

Enhance

36 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Prob helps when your opponent doesn’t know what’s coming…

Nebraska turned it over 5 times.  Allowed Maryland to start in Nebraska territory three times, including at our 21.  Nebraska's defense allowed 13 points.

Michigan has had a Top 10 scoring defense the last three years.  #1 this year.  Maryland never started a drive outside their own 30.  Maryland scored 24 points.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, it is looking more like B1G defenses were pretty good and the offenses being inept was only a small part. Mizzou had one of the best offenses in the SEC and didn’t get hit too hard by opt outs. tOSU held them in check all night. tOSU offense getting obliterated by the portal/Harrison JR opt out hurt their offense.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, deedsker said:

Yeah, it is looking more like B1G defenses were pretty good and the offenses being inept was only a small part. Mizzou had one of the best offenses in the SEC and didn’t get hit too hard by opt outs. tOSU held them in check all night. tOSU offense getting obliterated by the portal/Harrison JR opt out hurt their offense.

That mizzou/tOSU game was painful to watch at times.  I think its fair to say if tOSU had their roster from most of the year they prolly winning that game easily.

Solid start for bigten thus far up until the typical penn state dud against a team with a pulse.   Maryland earned some goodwill back for us.

Jan 1st gonna be a really telling day.  Despite being a bigten fan, i have little confidence michigan will show up and beat bama.  Perhaps I'm drawing from past years too much but i just dont see how michigans offense is going to consistently move the ball.  Feel like its critical they get out to a lead because i dont think theyre built to score fast on a defense like bamas.  

Iowa/Wiscy games should be fun contrast in styles

• Plus1 1
On 12/30/2023 at 11:13 PM, deedsker said:

I tend to eat crow with bad opinions, but Iowa can probably with stand Tennessee or make it a mud fight, but Wisky is going to get burned.

Unless LSU’s defense continues to be absolutely porous and make Wisky look like machines of efficiency on offense. Oh boy…

• Haha 1

Especially these days, you'd better take a close look what players are actually going to be playing for each team, and who has left...