Fire Satterfield

Decked

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Chadwell has had multiple years of winning at that level. Much better coach than Frost IMHO.  Chadwell has really developed that scheme.  Don't want to say invented, but is an originator in it.    I wanted him as HC a few years ago.  Wanted him when Frost was fired.  Undefeated at Liberty this year.  Has been ranked more years as a HC than Nebraska has since since Pelini was fired.  I'd take him in a heart beat.  Maybe Korn is just as sharp, maybe not, but I'd give it a shot.

Possibly.  But that's just a lot of assumptions at best.

It seems pretty likely that there are just way more offensive skill players to go around than there are defenders.  G5 teams can still find plenty of elite athletes to put on offense but not nearly as many on defense.  So I think it's a lot easier to run those kind of offenses at that level than in the Power 5.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

No, it’s really not.  

And I’m not even in “fire Sat” camp.

The defense while not playing a very good game tonight is not the reason for our losing record. The offense has sputtered all season so of course Satt is a target. With a competent offense we definitely have at least 2 more wins. 

We need better QB’s, tougher WR’s, but our OL continues to be weak. Penalties tonight and Purdy was getting flushed regularly and turned some busted plays into yardage.  If we could play OL like Wisconsin does we win by double digits. 

2 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Fire Satterfield. Ok , yeah because he’s really holding back these dominant players that we have.

It’s the talent level. 
We aren’t winning the strength and speed battle.  That’s obvious.  This is a very young team.  

We have top 25 talent. Ranked 21st this year on 247

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Fire Satterfield. Ok , yeah because he’s really holding back these dominant players that we have.

It’s the talent level. 
We aren’t winning the strength and speed battle.  That’s obvious.  This is a very young team.  

The talent level will probably never be in the top 6-8 of the BIG10 with the 4 additions. He better get creative. 

Does anyone think Satt makes it through next year? I honestly don’t see it. I see another bowl game grind season next year. 6-6/7-5 and he is gone. Why wait? 

6 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

It’s the talent level. 

This exactly. It's our "talent" level. We don't have it. Full stop.

Chadwell doesn't bring anything more to the table for this season than what we've had. We finally put in an actually good QB who does pretty well and doesn't make a ton of dumb mistakes. He runs zone read, option, scrambles...how much more "Chadwell" can it get?

The problem was not establishing the run in the second half.

There's no "What did we learn" thread to actually talk about the game so I'll just put this here: Purdy really rifles the ball in there. He looks like an actual QB when he winds up and throws the ball. Where in the actual f*** has that been all year long?

• Plus1 5
2 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Well, maybe you manage time better in regulation and get a few more chances.  Chubby had a week in practice as the one and they were down 3 and not tied.  Satterfield isn't going to get us to even Pelini levels.

Satterfield isn’t the HC? My biggest grievance with this game was clock management at the end and that’s on Rhule.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, Decked said:

Thought Satt was going to be TE

Whatever it was.  

The guy still has a proven track record of crap offenses(even with a legit QB),  crap situational awareness in play calling, and constantly fails to put his unit in the best position to be successful.  Yes the line sucks, but it has shown to be far more stout running vs pass pro.  So why continue to play into the "bad cards" of facing 3rd and longs against defenses that are licking their chops knowing you are going to try throwing with, as we as fans have cited,  crap Qbs, crap OLine, young/crap WRs?????

Coaches are paid to put their kids in the best position to be successful.  Satt has continued to fail in that regard.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Possibly.  But that's just a lot of assumptions at best.

It seems pretty likely that there are just way more offensive skill players to go around than there are defenders.  G5 teams can still find plenty of elite athletes to put on offense but not nearly as many on defense.  So I think it's a lot easier to run those kind of offenses at that level than in the Power 5.

And yours isn't a lot of assumptions at best?  Remember when Frost and UCF beat Auburn?  Didn't  we lose to a couple of G5 schools under Frost?  Almost lost to one under Pelini if not for AA?  Parity is getting more and more prevalent  in the FBS.  If they can get those elite players on O why can't we.  Whatever we are trying has not done well in year 1.  Yes injuries have impacted this, but QB is horrific at best.  I'm still a fan of Chadwell's scheme.  And still think it would be successful.  

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Undone said:

Chadwell doesn't bring anything more to the table for this season than what we've had. We finally put in an actually good QB who does pretty well and doesn't make a ton of dumb mistakes. He runs zone read, option, scrambles...how much more "Chadwell" can it get?

The problem was not establishing the run in the second half.

There's no "What did we learn" thread to actually talk about the game so I'll just put this here: Purdy really rifles the ball in there. He looks like an actual QB when he winds up and throws the ball. Where in the actual f*** has that been all year long?

We have been trotting out a bloody TE to play QB, so on the bench for injuries? That's where. Sims is a head case, but I understand wanting to try him. Haarberg is not a QB, round peg in a square hole.

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

And yours isn't a lot of assumptions at best?  Remember when Frost and UCF beat Auburn?  Didn't  we lose to a couple of G5 schools under Frost?  Almost lost to one under Pelini if not for AA?  Parity is getting more and more prevalent  in the FBS.  If they can get those elite players on O why can't we.  Whatever we are trying has not done well in year 1.  Yes injuries have impacted this, but QB is horrific at best.  I'm still a fan of Chadwell's scheme.  And still think it would be successful.  

For some reason, we aren't getting those players so there must be a reason. Why can't we isn't working for me anymore