Your 2024 Nebraska Cornhuskers

Undone

53 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Picked to be 9th in the BIG 10 next year.     I wonder if the Big 10 can get 9 teams into the playoff :D

Michigan, OSU, Oregon, PSU, Wash, USC, Iowa, Wiscy  ahead of us.  

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-ten-football-predictions-early-2024

With decent QB play we will be better net year. The challenge will be, after that, the schedule gets rough. Do we improve at a more rapid rate than the schedule difficulty.

Also, that 18.3 ppg is misleading.  45 of it to the top team in the land and a very weary defense playing in thin air (Colorado).

9 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

With decent QB play we will be better net year. The challenge will be, after that, the schedule gets rough. Do we improve at a more rapid rate than the schedule difficulty.

Also, that 18.3 ppg is misleading.  45 of it to the top team in the land and a very weary defense playing in thin air (Colorado).

I think we surpass Iowa and Wiscy next year.   I'm not so impressed with USC or PSU either.  With all of the experience coming back and IF Raiola can be brought up to speed quickly, I think we have a good shot at winning many games and be competitive - maybe not Michigan, OSU, Oregon completive but in the next group of teams.  But that is offseason   :koolaid2:drinking now - something I've sipped to many times before.   

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3

Watching the game now, looks like Washington is finding out that the B1G is built different.  Gotta bang in the trenches to win and not get beaten.  The PAC is BB on grass.  The B1G is not.  Oregon would be the one team coming over, that imho, will have the best chance of success early.  But it's early.....Maybe they adjust.

Welp, Washington has adjusted for sure.  Another good game so far.

Another edit. :D:D:D:D  UM getting it done.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, lo country said:

Watching the game now, looks like Washington is finding out that the B1G is built different.  Gotta bang in the trenches to win and not get beaten.  The PAC is BB on grass.  The B1G is not.  Oregon would be the one team coming over, that imho, will have the best chance of success early.  But it's early.....Maybe they adjust.

Welp, Washington has adjusted for sure.  Another good game so far.

Another edit. :D:D:D:D  UM getting it done.

If Washington played our schedule this season they're 11-1. I'm 100% sure the spread offense works in any conference as long as you protect the QB.

Penix was a bit off tonight, unfortunately for him and all of us. But you're right that Michigan did well in the trenches, no arguments there.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 3

5 hours ago, BaytownHusker said:

Welp....  Washington will be the old Washington next year.

If DR can just complete some deep balls it will open the offense up some. We are going to run the ball regardless but i think we have added more then enough to be able to stretch the field.

We have more weapons & young guys who got lots reps this last year. 

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, DGNU said:

https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-cornhuskers/news/huskeronline-nebraska-football-scholarship-distribution-chart/

A lot of guys on here who will be preferred walk-ons next year, it appears? (Koch, Ruggeroli, Taylor, etc...) And guys who prob. won't be back (IGC & Piper, for two). But yeah the scholarship # stuff is fascinating these days...

I know a lot of people expect Ethan Piper not to come back bc of all the injuries he has had but he hasn't said anything yet so until he does I still am treating him as a guy that is coming back.