QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

36 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

If it's even real, this "leak" is intentional.  How lazy would it be to let some rando record it from wherever?  The other thing is the screen.  If it says anything, you can see it from a lot of places downtown.  Of course that can be added later.

Supposedly somebody saw something on the screen Saturday.

• Fire 1

Certainly I can't be the only one wondering this, but the first word that Dylan might be flipping came from a recruiting analyst with close ties to the family. And then our OL coach gets a raise. And then the talk just kind of hangs in the air without any word as to a flip or even a decommit. And now we are getting closer to the signing day and still nothing on a flip or even a decommit. If Georgia gets their QB, I am enough of a jaded fan to believe that the whole thing was contrived for a little extra lettuce. 

Just sayin'

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Saf thing is, we are seeing several successful starting QBs give up their job at current, top tier schools to chase $$$$$. Boosters are going to have to be ready to pony up to keep DR, even if we do land him. Ge could start next year and be gone the  year after to Ohio State or Bama and a $5 million price tag. QBs are going to be like successful coaches on steroids because they only have 4 years to maximize their value.

I hope somehow during this next year - preferably before summer - new rules with limits are written to reign in this run-a-way NIL train.  

• Plus1 3
35 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

JFC, will this please stop? The bolded was not done for, nor was it related to, the recruitment of Dylan. Donovan was the only assistant whose contract is set to expire after this past season since he was retained on his original contract that had 1 year left. Donovan is clearly doing a good job and Rhule likes him a lot and wanted to keep him, thus an extension and a raise to recognize the good job he has done this year. 

—edit—

It has also been reported that Donovan’s extension was done a few weeks ago, before Dylan came back into the picture.

The contract was effective August 1st, not sure if that was done retroactively but it seems probable it was in the works already to get all the assistants on the same timeline contract wise.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

Listening to surius xm over lunch.  Nebraska and DR was a hot topic.  One of their talking heads is saying that he "thinks" Georgia is back in the mix because they countered whatever Nebraska was offering.  He said he is 50/50 right now on where he will go.  He said either way it is a win for Nebraska because of the national buzz it has created.  Not sure I agree...  They went on to talk about how high school recruiting is impacting where transfers go which lead into McCord.    

11 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

One of their talking heads is saying that he "thinks" Georgia is back in the mix because they countered whatever Nebraska was offering.

I'd think it would be obvious to anyone that Georgia would counter, if we're talking about NIL package stuff. There's basically no way that they wouldn't.

I could be wrong about this but I think for the top tier recruits like Dylan, the NIL money as an incoming freshman is less important than going to the school that sets them up the best for success, and success ultimately mainly means getting an NFL contract a few years later. I doubt that even several hundred thousand dollars makes a huge difference to Dylan and his dad - but could be totally wrong.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'd think it would be obvious to anyone that Georgia would counter, if we're talking about NIL package stuff. There's basically no way that they wouldn't.

I could be wrong about this but I think for the top tier recruits like Dylan, the NIL money as an incoming freshman is less important than going to the school that sets them up the best for success, and success ultimately mainly means getting an NFL contract a few years later. I doubt that even several hundred thousand dollars makes a huge difference to Dylan and his dad - but could be totally wrong.

I could be completely off, but I just don’t see how at this point in the game he backs out and burns Nebraska like that! With his dad and the legend he is at Nebraska and to his uncle and being so close with him. 
Not to mention recruit reactions as of late on social media and everything else. I truly think Dylan is N! 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
16 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Listening to surius xm over lunch.  Nebraska and DR was a hot topic.  One of their talking heads is saying that he "thinks" Georgia is back in the mix because they countered whatever Nebraska was offering.  He said he is 50/50 right now on where he will go.  He said either way it is a win for Nebraska because of the national buzz it has created.  Not sure I agree...  They went on to talk about how high school recruiting is impacting where transfers go which lead into McCord.    

I understand its about money these days with NIL but you would think that Nebraska gives him the best chance to play early bc it looks like Carson Beck is coming back on top of bringing in 2 other qb recruits.  Not saying he could or would fall behind the other 4 star but maybe the coaches believe that qb gives them a better chance to win bc he runs more then Raiola.  It just comes down to what Georgia feels can help their offense succeed next year.  Raiola could end up like Nelson from USC on the depth chart even though 2 different totally situations.  Nelson got hurt and fell behind.

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

If Georgia is back in the mix to the degree it's a coin flip, this is an embarrassing development for the entire Raiola family.  A complete clown show circus.

In reality, their family has too much pride and respect for it to have gotten to this point and Dylan not be N.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!