Husker Offense

Mavric

Let's not have a lot of pre-snap penalties and get the ball snapped before the play clock runs out. 

If turnovers are cut down significantly Nebraska will have a winning record. The offense should average 7 more points a game. This would bring the total to 25 points per game. This gives us 7-8 wins this year. The offense must improve because it can't get any worse than what we saw in 2023. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Let's not have a lot of pre-snap penalties and get the ball snapped before the play clock runs out. 

If turnovers are cut down significantly Nebraska will have a winning record. The offense should average 7 more points a game. This would bring the total to 25 points per game. This gives us 7-8 wins this year. The offense must improve because it can't get any worse than what we saw in 2023. 

Rhule has a great track record of improvement between year 1 and year 2. Hopefully that pattern will continue at Nebraska. 

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
On 12/24/2023 at 2:04 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Brady did take his legend to another level when he left Belichek and the Patriots for the Bucs, took them to the Super Bowl and schooled Mahomes in his prime.  and was allowed to tag along riding in the back of the bus as their elite defense carried them to a super bowl

fixed it

• TBH 4

Carriker says we need another transfer QB with experience...I just don't see getting one who is any better than Haarberg and it would show disloyalty to our guys. I say we run with Harby and Danny....burn Danny's shirt if we have to....and get a good QB coach who can fix their problems. Just one opinion.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

I bet Harby will be a backup QB and not a scrawny TE.
Edit: The more I think about it, if he's going to play as a receiver I'd rather have him play the receiver position they had in mind for Fleming and maybe do some trick plays out of that....then he wouldn't have to bulk up and be as slow as a hippopotamus.

With Raiola at QB, I feel good about our returning receivers and tightends. 

It is a collective group that got their feet wet.  Fidone, Boerkircher, Lloyd, Coleman, Doss. 

They all gained valuable playing time & some experience from last year.  They have tape on them, and they have the offseason to get better.  

Add Carter (TE), Brice Turner, Charles, Bell (those guys will now be redshirt freshmen, except for Carter).....

I do not see the need for a transfer portal WR.  If you get one, then he better be the best #1 target on the team. Like, he will be the best guy the day he sets foot on the turf.

Otherwise we are just adding a portal player to an already talented group of players.

I think, with Raiola at QB, and the talent we already have, that we can grow together with this group.  That's football 101.  Nothing is always solved with a transfer portal player.  

You have to work together with what you have, and give it time.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, admo said:

With Raiola at QB, I feel good about our returning receivers and tightends. 

It is a collective group that got their feet wet.  Fidone, Boerkircher, Lloyd, Coleman, Doss. 

They all gained valuable playing time & some experience from last year.  They have tape on them, and they have the offseason to get better.  

Add Carter (TE), Brice Turner, Charles, Bell (those guys will now be redshirt freshmen, except for Carter).....

I do not see the need for a transfer portal WR.  If you get one, then he better be the best #1 target on the team. Like, he will be the best guy the day he sets foot on the turf.

Otherwise we are just adding a portal player to an already talented group of players.

I think, with Raiola at QB, and the talent we already have, that we can grow together with this group.  That's football 101.  Nothing is always solved with a transfer portal player.  

You have to work together with what you have, and give it time.  

Charles & Turner were moved to DB's, but I think we have some dynamic in lncoming freshman that will be able to play if needed. 

I know HC Matt Rhule is loyal to his players on the team but the returning wr's didn't produce much (Coleman and Lloyd).  Can you blame it on qb play or the player himself(thrown in the fire to early)?  Coleman had 8 receptions for 139 yards and one touchdown while Lloyd had 6 receptions for 237 and three touchdowns.  I know Nebraska is looking at bringing in Banks from WF but to give Raiola more help or whoever is the starter at qb next season wouldn't you want to bring in another wr from the portal bc you can't trust the low productivity level?  

• Haha 4
9 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know HC Matt Rhule is loyal to his players on the team but the returning wr's didn't produce much (Coleman and Lloyd). Coleman had 8 receptions for 139 yards and one touchdown while Lloyd had 6 receptions for 237 and three touchdowns.

Not sure how you're expecting those guys to put up huge season numbers when they weren't even on the field until like 2/3 of the way through the season...

• TBH 4
On 1/1/2024 at 12:13 AM, Huskerfollower4life said:

I know HC Matt Rhule is loyal to his players on the team but the returning wr's didn't produce much (Coleman and Lloyd).  Can you blame it on qb play or the player himself(thrown in the fire to early)?  Coleman had 8 receptions for 139 yards and one touchdown while Lloyd had 6 receptions for 237 and three touchdowns.  I know Nebraska is looking at bringing in Banks from WF but to give Raiola more help or whoever is the starter at qb next season wouldn't you want to bring in another wr from the portal bc you can't trust the low productivity level?  

We also hardly ever threw the ball and when we did it was to the other team. Coleman, loyd and fidone were wide open the majority of the time. I’m not worried about them being able to contribute in the least.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
  • Worth a Look 1