Saban Retiring

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

No one knows who they have/haven't talked to.  Its all just rumors/leaks and minor league "reporters" looking for clout, like the guy saying Lanning was in Tuscaloosa (never happened).  Jimmy Sexton basically represents all of the candidates (and Saban too!) and is doing his best to get every single one of them a raise, which makes his pockets a little heavier.

Anyways, if its DeBoer, that will be a totally fish out of water hire.  Don't get me wrong, dude can coach football like a madman (and would kill it at many, many places), but he has never been exposed to something like coaching at Alabama (especially following Saban).

Outside of urban meyer I dont think any candidate has the experience that would meet what you outlined and urban isnt even a candidate

19 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Outside of urban meyer I dont think any candidate has the experience that would meet what you outlined and urban isnt even a candidate

Sark and Lanning were coordinators at Bama and UGA respectively.  Sark has been the head coach at 2 different peer programs to Alabama.  Norvell has been a head coach in the southeast for 8 years.

The closest DeBoer has been to the southeast is 1 year as Indiana's OC.  This has a Harsin to Auburn feel.  Good coach, not a cultural fit.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sark and Lanning were coordinators at Bama and UGA respectively.  Sark has been the head coach at 2 different peer programs to Alabama.  Norvell has been a head coach in the southeast for 8 years.

The closest DeBoer has been to the southeast is 1 year as Indiana's OC.  This has a Harsin to Auburn feel.  Good coach, not a cultural fit.

It'll be a cultural fit if he wins, simple as that.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I hear Alabama is still accepting applications for bandwagon fans….if you’re interested.

I'll take riding this out to reputability where we can actually call any other program a clown show.

Gotta win something to get that repute.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That looks like the actor that plays the Flash on the CW show lol.  Yeah that sucks to be Washington.  They will probably promote within or find a developmental coach.  Don't see them finding a proven winner that is going to make a lateral move.

Yep it's him