Trev to A&M

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Every time God kicks an AD out the door, He opens a window for a new one.

Who do you like? 

In the era of the Power 2 conferences, we should be able to pretty much poach any sitting Big 12 or ACC AD.

Hmm.. someone earlier mentioned in sarcasm (at least mostly) that Trev was joining A&M to prepare them for joining the B1G. It was also reported that Trev did submit an application to be the new Commissioner of the B1G. So, the conspiracy theorist in me is wondering.. Might the crooked B1G powers have said to Trev, you go south and get us A&M and you'll be awarded the next Commissioner when that position opens? (Now, I/we know that didn't happen but sarcasm aside, might it have? Oh the fun in conspiracy!!)

• Haha 3

Being a Husker fan over the last 25 years has been tough. Honestly, I'm about worn down emotionally. Between the divisiveness, incompetent leadership, incompetent hires, and self serving administration has been tough to take. And now just when it seemed the ship was being righted and several of the programs were on the rise we get kicked squarely in the nuts one more time. I guess that should have been expected though. I'm not sure how much more I can take.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 6
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Every time God kicks an AD out the door, He opens a window for a new one.

Who do you like? 

Bruce Rasmussen until the leadership at UNL gets figured out. 

Then, maybe Ed Stewart? John Cook gets a look when he's ready to be done with the volleyball team. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, The Maudfather said:

Definitely. If he leaves for aTm, then f#&% that guy. 

I mean, if they're paying him significantly more, why wouldn't he go?

I can tell you that every single person on this message board - myself included - would move to a new job if they doubled your salary for what is essentially the same work. He's going to do at A&M the same thing he does at Nebraska: fundraise, push projects they feel helps them be successful, hire coaches after using a search firm, and fundraise some more.

Nebraska, for their part, needs to make sure they hire somebody who takes Trev's place who: has a grasp on the future CBA nature of college football. That isn't a drunk like Bill Moos was or that doesn't insert himself into decisions that should be left up to the head coach like Shawn Eichorst did. Nebraska will hopefully hire somebody who see's where the sport is going (revenue sharing with players), is prepared to fundraise for NIL purposes, and hire competent coaches. 

Pushing pet projects like putting nap pods in a new football facility or revamping the stadium aren't really necessary now. It's all related to NIL, Nebraska needs to hire the best possible candidate in that regard.

• Mavric changed the title to Trev to A&M