SIGNED: ATH Rex Burkhead

Call me crazy but I'm way more excited about Burkhead than Green

I think both could be good team leaders. I hope Burkhead gets to comtribute on offense but if he does end up at safety he'll be leading the defense while Green has the offense following him.

He will contribute no matter what position he is asked to play. His football smarts are incredible. He returned punts, kickoffs, played linebacker, safety, qb, slot receiver, runningback and occasionally punted the ball. The kid knows what is going on at all times on the field. Oh, if someone doesn't, he will tell them. He's just an incredible athelete and on Fridays I couldn't wait to see what he was going to do this time. Looks like I'm going to have to subscribe to ESPN's Gametime so I can see all of the Huskers games next year. I even plan on attending a few. I hear the atmosophere, whether its a winning or loosing season, is unbelieveable. Great fans and alumni from what I hear. You guys really landed a treasure. The level of highschool play in the DFW area is ridiculous and Rex made people look plain stupid sometimes on the field. I hope you all will have the same anticipations on Saturdays as I did on Fridays to see him play.

People don't take the time to write about someone they have seen on friday nights unless that person really is something special. For people to come on here and subscribe to this service simply because they appreciate and respect a recruit speaks volumes for the recruit (and the people willing to brag about him.)

I have never heard anyone say that Rex is full of himself, only that he is the man on and off the field. These posts alone get me more excited than any write up on rivals or scout or ESPN.

Looks like I'm going to have to subscribe to ESPN's Gametime so I can see all of the Huskers games next year. I even plan on attending a few. I hear the atmosophere, whether its a winning or loosing season, is unbelieveable.

Might also have to go with Direct TV then as it seems likely a few of the "warm-up" games will be local pay-per-view.

Looks like I'm going to have to subscribe to ESPN's Gametime so I can see all of the Huskers games next year. I even plan on attending a few. I hear the atmosophere, whether its a winning or loosing season, is unbelieveable.

Might also have to go with Direct TV then as it seems likely a few of the "warm-up" games will be local pay-per-view.

heh! Count on it!!