QB Tyler Gabbert

I was never sold on him being here next season myself, and said so earlier in his recruitment. I believe I said i'll believe it when he signs on the dotted line, until then he's just another Gabbert. I don't care where this kid goes, but I do hope we get a chance to level him a few times. You have to follow your heart, but at the same time if you don't think you'll be with Nebraska, then dont commit and take all of your visits. As it stands now, it's looking like the Gabbert boys don't have any form or morals and their word means jack squat. I understand Blaine because of the coaching change, but both blew smoke up our hind quarters and left. That alone shows that their word means close to nothing, screw that family.

for some reason we have had a recent spat of pisspoor recruiting relations. maybe it is time to bring in a consulting firm to evaluate how our coaches are recruiting and why their techniques are bearing really poor results. to deny we have a problem in this area and blame the kids for dropping out is rather one sided, our coaches have real problems in this phase of their jobs........damit, it needs corrected and now. <_<

for some reason we have had a recent spat of pisspoor recruiting relations. maybe it is time to bring in a consulting firm to evaluate how our coaches are recruiting and why their techniques are bearing really poor results. to deny we have a problem in this area and blame the kids for dropping out is rather one sided, our coaches have real problems in this phase of their jobs........damit, it needs corrected and now. <_<

yes, a consulting firm is what we need. or maybe the coaches could just walk down to the hallway and talk one of the top college coaches of all time. or maybe they already do.

i'm not going to pretend that our coaches are perfect, but to pretend they have a problem because a couple of kids waffled on their commitments. sorry, that's the nature of the beast these days. also, i just don't see the "really poor results" you're referring to. we're winning on the field and look likely to bring in another good recruiting class. will it be a 5 star class that makes jeremy crabree masturbate? probably not, but i bet we get another class full of talented, hard working kids that our coaches can win games with.

I post on a few boards with posters from several teams, and on every single one the MU posters never want to give NU any credit or respect.

What respect or credit do you think you deserve?

NU fans are constantly on Tigerboard flaming and everything else every chance they get. There are a few that are tolerable but for the most part the just want to jab. NU beat MU on the field fair and square this year and all the sudden that is license for Cornhuskers to lay out all the smack they want?

Where was the respect and credit of the past two years when MU laid it to the Huskers?

It works both ways. As for MU fan's opinion of Bo ... why do you care what they think? Does it offend you personally? Bo can handle himself.

I think a more fair question is why did this board talk up Tyler so highly since page one of this recruiting profile, and then when the slightest hint comes along that he no longer wants to play for NU, he is (insert any insult you'd like here), and the kid sucks. I mean really, for a fan base that always talks about being classy and the like, this certainly isn't an indication of it. Let's leave out the moral and ethical details of Tyler doing what he did, does that mean or justify the remarks left about him in just the last two days? I would think that being "classy" would mean taking the high road.

I hope for your sakes that many of your would be recruits and possible committs don't ever read this board, because I believe they would be truly disturbed about what so called fans of this program have to say about them.

you and i both know they would get banned for this.

The thing is, it would be EASY to rip this kid. But he is a kid. However, I don't see how the parents have let things happen to the point where they have basically spit in the face of a friend like Shawn Watson, twice.

Everyone can put 2+2 together to see what Gabbert did here. Has been obvious it has been going on for a while as well.

Let the kid go to Mizzou. Pinkel isn't going anywhere and neither is that team. :)

Well I think that peeves me off the most about this one is his comments prior to decommitting. He speaks just 3 or 4 days prior about how he's going now where and blows smoke up our arses and then this. His brother did something very similiar with his "I wont pull a Freeman" garbage, and guess what he dropped. Maybe it's just me but I was raised that my word was my bond and if I couldn't give my promise, then I didn't make one be it in writing or verbal. To this day I continue to live by that creed because you are seen and known by how you handle yourself. Maybe their parents haven't taught them the meaning of their word, but I find it beyond pathetic that both of them did this, and very late in the recruiting time. I doubt mini gabbert(seems like it fits as he's the same as his brother in terms of recruiting) see's the field if he goes to MU.

As for observer, if a recruit reads a site and see's fans talking about them and can't handle it, trust me they aren't cut out for college football. I can promise you that if that same kid ever royally scres up during a game he'll read 10 times worse the next week or so and he'd end up slitting his wrists because he's such a pansy. That kid would fit in well playing for Kansas as all of their players are whiney little bitches.

Wrong. They would most likely get mobbed, and be disallowed to post until 12:00 pm the following day. Very rarely does anyone get permanately banned. Not only that but being mobbed off doesn't stop them because they just sign in under a different account and come right back, because Tigerboard doesn't do IP bans.

Wrong. They would most likely get mobbed, and be disallowed to post until 12:00 pm the following day. Very rarely does anyone get permanately banned. Not only that but being mobbed off doesn't stop them because they just sign in under a different account and come right back, because Tigerboard doesn't do IP bans.

You really can't be serious are you? I read that board every single day and to say the MU posters on there like to do anything but post jabs at NU and KU fans would be false. That is all they do, for goodness sakes the Hater guy is on there. Every single day on that board there are a half a dozen posts ripping on NU fans and another half a dozen beating on KU. Go ahead and find that on this board. You will find 1 a day, MAYBE. There are posts on that board every single day that take posts from this board or others and talk about how delusional our fan base is. That board is a pure smack talk, no real content board. The NU posters on there are of the same breed for sure, this I agree with you about, but they are just doing the same thing that the majority there have set the tone with already.

You really can't be serious are you? I read that board every single day and to say the MU posters on there like to do anything but post jabs at NU and KU fans would be false. That is all they do, for goodness sakes the Hater guy is on there. Every single day on that board there are a half a dozen posts ripping on NU fans and another half a dozen beating on KU. Go ahead and find that on this board. You will find 1 a day, MAYBE. There are posts on that board every single day that take posts from this board or others and talk about how delusional our fan base is. That board is a pure smack talk, no real content board. The NU posters on there are of the same breed for sure, this I agree with you about, but they are just doing the same thing that the majority there have set the tone with already.

Why do you think MU got passed up for ISU in the bowls this year? MU fan have a reputation around the country as POS, not just in Nebraska.

If you actually believe that then you are more far gone than I had imagined. Look around and you'll find plenty of smack talk all over this board sandwiched right between all the self congratulating and whining and bitching about Watson and the officials of every game you don't win, and half of the games you do win.

This place is no different than Tigerboard. The only difference is Tigerboard doesn't make bones trying to pretend they aren't doing it, and hiding behind some self prescribed fantasy about being classy.

This very thread itself is evidence of that. People raved and gave high fives when they thought Tyler was coming to NU, then as soon as he wasn't they because a whole different animal even going so far as to insult his family. The same thing with Curtis Carter, only that time this board lodged accusations of negative recruiting and whatever other things they could come up to explain why a recruit may not want to play for Nebraska. Stop being so damn self-righteous, understand that 18 year old kids often make rash decisions.

If you actually believe that then you are more far gone than I had imagined. Look around and you'll find plenty of smack talk all over this board sandwiched right between all the self congratulating and whining and bitching about Watson and the officials of every game you don't win, and half of the games you do win.

I see a fair number of pot shots taken at other teams within threads, but I don't see more than 1 or two threads started for the sole purpose of bashing the other fan bases. You must be looking at a different board. If you believe otherwise, go through the past 2-3 days of threads on Tigerboard and the Husker Football Forum on this site and see how many trash threads are on either board, you would be surprised I bet.

This very thread itself is evidence of that. People raved and gave high fives when they thought Tyler was coming to NU, then as soon as he wasn't they because a whole different animal even going so far as to insult his family. The same thing with Curtis Carter, only that time this board lodged accusations of negative recruiting and whatever other things they could come up to explain why a recruit may not want to play for Nebraska. Stop being so damn self-righteous, understand that 18 year old kids often make rash decisions.

I wasn't even discussing the de-commitment issues with you. There are a lot of bitter folks about those two in Husker land for sure. There is even a fair number of people bashing them when they were getting praise for sure. I think most are upset over Curtis Carter much more than Tyler Gabbert. I don't see a whole lot of opinions saying that Carter always sucked anyway, what I see in regards to him is that it would have been nice to have him but screw him if he doesn't want to come to NU. A little different then how you put it IMO. Regarding Tyler, if you go back through the threads on him I think you will find that reaction to him has been mixed since the beginning. A whole lot of Husker Fans wanted Sean Robinson over Tyler before either committed. Many weren't convinced that Tyler would be a great player, too short in most people's opinion. Many posters trusted the staff and Rivals ratings and were happy that Tyler was on board. That group is currently in the same boat as what I described for Carter, wanted him but if he doesn't want to come then screw him.

Can we just drop this whole Tyler Gabbert thing? We dont need a skinny unathletic kid with a big arm. There are plenty of those around.

This kids recruitment has been questioned by many from day one. I would venture to say that there were quite a few people that would have much rather had Robinson than Gabbert. But Gabbert committed so Sean couldnt which was very low because he just sucked up a spot for a very well deserving kid that wanted it a lot more than Tyler.

But we all trusted the staff. Now we all trust the staff now that Bo pulled the plug on his offer too! :)

We are in on three pretty darn good 2011 QBs. Bret Smith, Jamal Turner-Gill [just kidding :)] and Christian Suntrup. We arent going to lose any sleep over Tyler.