BK is Planking????????

I had no idea what the hell planking was until Rosario Dawson was talking about it on Letterman or one of the other late night yakkers. Whatever floats your boat I guess. By the way if Rosario wants to plank in my yard, I'd probably have to split her like wet pine :thumbs

I'd plank her.

Wait wut?

Huh? Wet pine? Planking?

F**k it all, I knew I shouldn't have skipped woodshop class in high school. :facepalm:

planking_gives_board_college_football_players_an_offseason_pastime.jpg

Planking.

It's become the latest pastime of college football players this offseason, who are bored and looking for some attention on Twitter.

What is planking?

Well, it's the act of lying face down, expressionless, with your arms and legs extended. And here's the kicker; it has to be done in a weird place so that it attracts attention.

Hey, it beats selling merchandise for tattoos.

Full article

Um..... WAT?

This is one of my favorite planks by a Husker.

http://yfrog.com/kkbx4ftj

I had a co worker come up to me today and tell me that the planking craze I was talking about a couple days ago has origins tied to slavery. Of course since every thing I say somehow gets twisted back to slavery or being a racist I did a little research.

I found that slaves were indeed chained and attached to “plank” beds. They were forced to lay face down with their arms by their side and their wrist chained to their waist. So I don't know where the sudden every body plank feeling came from but I guess my militant co worker is at least partially correct. Although I was under the impression it was related to the plank position where you usually hold your self up on toes and hand/forearms. Or even walk the plank like a piece of wood.

That's 1 out of 100 things since I have known him that I can actually understand his point.

I had a co worker come up to me today and tell me that the planking craze I was talking about a couple days ago has origins tied to slavery. Of course since every thing I say somehow gets twisted back to slavery or being a racist I did a little research.

I found that slaves were indeed chained and attached to “plank” beds. They were forced to lay face down with their arms by their side and their wrist chained to their waist. So I don't know where the sudden every body plank feeling came from but I guess my militant co worker is at least partially correct. Although I was under the impression it was related to the plank position where you usually hold your self up on toes and hand/forearms. Or even walk the plank like a piece of wood.

That's 1 out of 100 things since I have known him that I can actually understand his point.

That's quite the stretch there. I don't see how people being forced into a position, chained down, beaten, etc etc is the same as people laying on their stomachs, of their own free will, in public, taking photos for comedic effect.

And like you said, the plank position has been used for quite some time for exercise and what not. I doubt most people that "plank" whether for exercise or entertainment have any idea that the slaves were chained to plank "beds"