Fans thoughts on Joe Paterno coaching on Saturday...

TheMatador

I won't be surprised if the Board meeting tonight takes charge and tells him he is done now.

That will be the first indication that the institution is more important than any individual and/or personal legacy.

I completely agree. If he coaches Saturday, it will be the first time in my lifetime that looking at an opposing coach on the sidelines will make me physically sick. This guy could have done something to save some kids from going through hell.....having their lives ruined. Instead he chose to turn the other cheek. That pedophile was working out in the school's facilities last week! How the hell does something so sick and unhuman just be allowed to go on?

I will admit that I haven't read much on this or seen the report. If he admitted to all this, then yes he shouldn't be there at all and at the minimum be put on administer leave along with everyone else that he reported to.

I figured you couldn't have read much about it, based on your earlier post. It's pretty horrific stuff. I'll admit to not reading most of the Grand Jury report. I don't have the heart to read it. Horrifying.

I think more will keep leaking out on these horrific happenings. I do not think Joe should be allowed to finish out his coaching this season, same goes for whats his name WR coach who saw the actions happening(he should have been the first to get fired).

Anywho, i'll be in attendence wearing red, witnessing history? JoePa's last home game in not-so happy valley.

I will admit that I haven't read much on this or seen the report. If he admitted to all this, then yes he shouldn't be there at all and at the minimum be put on administer leave along with everyone else that he reported to.

I figured you couldn't have read much about it, based on your earlier post. It's pretty horrific stuff. I'll admit to not reading most of the Grand Jury report. I don't have the heart to read it. Horrifying.

Yeah I started reading it, just couldn't do it.

JoePa said something to the effect of "we should pray for the victims" and professes to love his University. If this is true he should remove himself for this game and every game after. How egotistical do you have to be to not realize that your very presence is endangering everything you "profess" to love and care about. Removing himself from the game would immediately stop the talk of forfeiting the game.

He did say that and then he started the "Who are we?" "Penn State." "Who are we?" "Penn State." Chant. Sick, sick, SICK.

T_O_B

my god

JoePa said something to the effect of "we should pray for the victims" and professes to love his University. If this is true he should remove himself for this game and every game after. How egotistical do you have to be to not realize that your very presence is endangering everything you "profess" to love and care about. Removing himself from the game would immediately stop the talk of forfeiting the game.

He did say that and then he started the "Who are we?" "Penn State." "Who are we?" "Penn State." Chant. Sick, sick, SICK.

T_O_B

my god

They're circling the wagons, any fan base would have people that would do that especially one as large as Penn State. I can't blame them....they didn't do anything wrong. Paterno, the coaches and the school did and they feel under attack. They love their school and they're reacting emotionally and defensively. It might not be the best most sensible reaction and it sure looks bad from the outside but I understand it...

This is one reason why Paterno's reactions this week bother me. It shouldn't have taken him so long to respond. This article came out in April, and it took him until today to say he wishes he'd done more. He also said in a press conference just a couple months ago (but I don't remember the date, probably during Fall Camp) that there hadn't been any serious troubles at PSU ever. I can't believe he had the gall to say that after testifying.

This is one reason why Paterno's reactions this week bother me. It shouldn't have taken him so long to respond. This article came out in April, and it took him until today to say he wishes he'd done more. He also said in a press conference just a couple months ago (but I don't remember the date, probably during Fall Camp) that there hadn't been any serious troubles at PSU ever. I can't believe he had the gall to say that after testifying.

i always got the impression joe pa was never with it and just regurgitating general football platitudes he remembered from the last time he was lucid, the '70's. this adds some credibility to that.