SIGNED S Tre'Vell Dixon

Nexus

Reporting that Michigan has now offered him. Major qualification questions coming up, the ship has sailed.

Anybody else find it ridiculous that we have so many issues with getting kids qualified, while the supposedly "better academic" schools like Ohio State and Michigan can walk these guys right through the front door with no problem?

Reporting that Michigan has now offered him. Major qualification questions coming up, the ship has sailed.

Anybody else find it ridiculous that we have so many issues with getting kids qualified, while the supposedly "better academic" schools like Ohio State and Michigan can walk these guys right through the front door with no problem?

We actually dont have too many issues. We got Afalava and Moore qualified when alot of other schools thought it wasnt possible.

We actually dont have too many issues. We got Afalava and Moore qualified when alot of other schools thought it wasnt possible.

Good point. I don't really know the specifics on things like that, but it just seems like we have AT LEAST 2 or 3 kids a year that have a problem getting qualified, and then guys like Heard and Charles Jackson that had to wait an extra year to get qualified. We're very fortunate that those guys are hard workers and patient enough to put the work in to qualify because I have a feeling they will both be huge contributors to this team in the next couple years.

Good point. I don't really know the specifics on things like that, but it just seems like we have AT LEAST 2 or 3 kids a year that have a problem getting qualified, and then guys like Heard and Charles Jackson that had to wait an extra year to get qualified. We're very fortunate that those guys are hard workers and patient enough to put the work in to qualify because I have a feeling they will both be huge contributors to this team in the next couple years.

It's because you follow Nebraska recruiting more than any other team, so it just seems like we have more question marks in getting kids qualified. Every school has this problem, not just us.

Our staff are probably more willing to take risks on top notch prospects with possible academic issues than a top tier SEC team or a Texas or USC simply because those teams don't need to take risks to get top notch talent. The reality is we aren't at the top recruiting tier yet. However, we are in the top tier (in my opinion) both in terms of academic support and in providing a culture conducive to academic success, thus our coaches and the athletes both may have more confidence that if a recruit gets qualified, he can succeed academically once here. In our current circumstances, I think these risks are worth taking, and they seem to be paying off more often than not. Still, I wouldn't want an entire class filled with kids at risk academically.

• Fire 3
Our staff are probably more willing to take risks on top notch prospects with possible academic issues than a top tier SEC team or a Texas or USC simply because those teams don't need to take risks to get top notch talent. The reality is we aren't at the top recruiting tier yet. However, we are in the top tier (in my opinion) both in terms of academic support and in providing a culture conducive to academic success, thus our coaches and the athletes both may have more confidence that if a recruit gets qualified, he can succeed academically once here. In our current circumstances, I think these risks are worth taking, and they seem to be paying off more often than not. Still, I wouldn't want an entire class filled with kids at risk academically.

Great post and welcome to the board.

Some of the kids that qualified late last year will be huge parts of our team. Moore, Brown, and Afalava.

The question here: What position do we take him at? And is he high enough on the board to get a spot or are there other kids ahead of him right now?

Staff has been recruiting him as a Safety the entire time.

This

Add in the fact the freak athleticism he possesses and there are options for the staff on where Dixon can fit in on the team. You always take an athlete like this in a class. SEE Alonzo More last year. Same type of freak player