For any fitness fanatics on this message board

Getting real tired of some of the Darwin award candidates at the office gym. The weight area is cramped but some of these idiots seem to go out of their way to get in my way. I have to move a bench and push the preacher curl bench closer to the wall to make room to dead lift on the rubber matted area. I stepped away for a couple of minutes while warming up to take a wizz. When I got back some f#cktard wearing headphones was on the preacher curl machine. I should have said something since I ended up smashing my finger while adding weight and trying to avoid bumping the guy. I was still able to lift but it is quite black and blue now. You'd think the moron would be a little concerned about someone lifting 300+ lbs less then a foot from their back.

Crossfit + Olympic Lifts + Sprints + Body weight Exercises

End thread

Do you actually do crossfit?

This is pretty much what I do without the Olympic lifts right now b/c I workout at home. If anyone needs any help with anything, ya can hit me up. I do happen to have a Major in Exercise Science and Physical Therapist Assistant degree....7 years of school should do something lol. I am actually just starting back up. I took about a 3 month lay-off to let my body and mind rest from the whole fitness world.

Getting real tired of some of the Darwin award candidates at the office gym. The weight area is cramped but some of these idiots seem to go out of their way to get in my way. I have to move a bench and push the preacher curl bench closer to the wall to make room to dead lift on the rubber matted area. I stepped away for a couple of minutes while warming up to take a wizz. When I got back some f#cktard wearing headphones was on the preacher curl machine. I should have said something since I ended up smashing my finger while adding weight and trying to avoid bumping the guy. I was still able to lift but it is quite black and blue now. You'd think the moron would be a little concerned about someone lifting 300+ lbs less then a foot from their back.

Hate when that crap happens...I love doing "circuit" or multiple exercises at once...esp. when I am trying to burn fat and stay lean. I also love doing multiple exercises to save time, increase my intensity, and to change some things up.

I'm going to complain now.

stock-photo-blond-woman-in-gym-outfit-exercising-with-a-pilates-ball-and-pink-dumbbells-isolated-on-white-13519990.jpg

When I did weight lifting in P.E. the gym teacher never bothered teaching any of the girls how to do free weights/barbells/etc. Which is why I was too scared to try them in public and now have a barbell at home. And there are lots of trainers (I've seen 'em on Youtube) who tell women to lift 5 pound dumbbells. Sometimes I make my 3 year old niece lift weights with me and she can do 5 pound dumbbells already.

I love doing "circuit" or multiple exercises at once...esp. when I am trying to burn fat and stay lean. I also love doing multiple exercises to save time, increase my intensity, and to change some things up.

I do the same thing when I lift. It is almost a cardio-type style of weight lifting, and I feel like my muscles get more exhausted when doing it this way. Medium weight, high reps is the way to go, for me at least.

What's everybodies thoughts on elliptical and/or stair climber machines? I used the stair climber the other night after lifting, and I must say that is one hell of a calf workout.

I know bodybuilders frequent the stair climber.

I've never been on one, it looks like hell.

What's everybodies thoughts on elliptical and/or stair climber machines? I used the stair climber the other night after lifting, and I must say that is one hell of a calf workout.

I'm sure I would like the stair climber, but the only time I tried it back when I was 14 or 15 I think I had a hard time not falling off. Ellipticals are ok, but they just feel to awkward to me. They do give you a good workout though.

Running, biking, and jump roping is where I'm at right now. But my knees are not to fond of the jogging, might need some new shoes...

I'm sure I would like the stair climber, but the only time I tried it back when I was 14 or 15 I think I had a hard time not falling off. Ellipticals are ok, but they just feel to awkward to me. They do give you a good workout though.

Running, biking, and jump roping is where I'm at right now. But my knees are not to fond of the jogging, might need some new shoes...

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of shoes are you running in right now?

I think all those machines and exercise is good as long as you mix them up. I jog, elliptical, bike and jump rope. I used to have quite a few problems with over use injuries. When I started mixing it up, that went away. You also won't plateau as much in your workout.

That's basically why I thought mixing in the stair climber would be a good idea.

I know bodybuilders frequent the stair climber.

I've never been on one, it looks like hell.

I've been doing the "

" after I run sprints for a nice change of pace, although there is a girl who does the stairmaster religiously when I'm around. In the words of my boy Phil Collins, "the perfect body...witht the perfect face....."