OFFICIAL Possible Basketball Coaches Thread

The way I read this is they will try to get the big splash coach to put butts in the seats & energize the fan base. A guy that will be able to recruit nationally. So that means it's going to be a big name or a very hot commodity that is well known nationally with a lot of recruiting ties. I think that narrows this list down a bit.

If they can get the candidate to visit Lincoln then I think we have a good shot.

http://my.journalsta...votal_hire.html

Bobby Knight has been to Lincoln

I will go out on a "short limb" and stick with the so-called "rumor" I posted about a month ago when TO was at the creighton-Wichita St. game. After the game, a person somewhat close to the program said it was "rumored" that TO was there to check out Marshall and the Shockers. I posted this earlier....and I stick with it ... Greg Marshall = Next Nebraska Basketball Coach

I will go out on a "short limb" and stick with the so-called "rumor" I posted about a month ago when TO was at the creighton-Wichita St. game. After the game, a person somewhat close to the program said it was "rumored" that TO was there to check out Marshall and the Shockers. I posted this earlier....and I stick with it ... Greg Marshall = Next Nebraska Basketball Coach

Sounds like a solid theory, and I definitely would not be disappointed if that is how it played out.

I recall your post and it made sense then and even more sense now.............

Dana Altman is *not* a big name hire. And try getting NU fans excited about a guy that coached at Creighton, no matter where he came from in Nebraska.

I don't think Altman is the guy, but I'm pretty sure there is a former Creighton coach now leading a team at Nebraska that is doing pretty well.

I don't know if Altman is the guy either (although he and T.O. are friends so I'd guess there will at least be some conversation)...........but you'd have to love the angst among the Bluejays if they became our feeder system for coaches..............

Dana Altman is *not* a big name hire. And try getting NU fans excited about a guy that coached at Creighton, no matter where he came from in Nebraska.

I don't think Altman is the guy, but I'm pretty sure there is a former Creighton coach now leading a team at Nebraska that is doing pretty well.

I don't know if Altman is the guy either (although he and T.O. are friends so I'd guess there will at least be some conversation)...........but you'd have to love the angst among the Bluejays if they became our feeder system for coaches..............

We will stick with McDermott. Nebraska can have Altman. Deal?

how about Pat Knight of Lamar.

T_O_B

No.. Knight is not even close to as good as his daddy and not sure if you say this froma few weeks ago.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GmCidM-vQs

Cant stand a coach who throws his players under a bus like this...

Well they haven't lost a game since this press conference, so they must have taken him seriously. And they are dancin' in Lamar.

I actually liked what he did. If they are not taking it seriously and getting in trouble off the court, why shouldn't they be called out?

• Fire 1

We will stick with McDermott. Nebraska can have Altman. Deal?

I don't think I'll weigh in on that offer thanks.............because I don't know how I'd feel if it does end up Altman....

But surely you'd agree that the rivalry would ratchet up with that hire........right?