Big Ten Media Days

NOTE - I posted this in the AM, as a joke. This is not what Bo said. I made it up for fun. Carry on. ;)

For those of you unable to watch Bo's version of the presser, here's this afternoon's transcript:

Intro: Look at this group. <chuckles> Missed you guys this summer. <more laughter>

Speech: I've been really proud of our team's effort over the summer. They've come in and worked hard and we've made a lot of progress. I like where we're at right now. This is a good group, a lot of high-character guys. We've made some changes to our coaching staff, with my brother Carl taking the job at Florida Atlantic and moving Coach Papuchis into the Defensive Coordinator roll. We added Coach Kaczenski and Coach Joseph in the off-season and we feel really good about what they bring to the table.

We're going to work hard this summer and get ready for the season. This team has to get more consistency. It's a process and you can't panic because things didn't work out last year. Every once in a while you have to get smacked in the face. Sometimes last year we didn't execute, we were too inconsistent. We have to have mental effort as well as physical effort because, let me tell ya, this is a physical conference. We need to execute better and play tough, physical football.

As long as you believe in what you're doing and you stay on the path that you believe in, then you're going to be fine. The problem you have is when you start letting outside pressures and outside influences change you. We're going to stay focused no matter what.

Questions:

Comment on Penn State? – I'm not commenting on that. That situation is bigger than football. I have no comment about that.

Toughest conference opponent? – All of them. All of them. There are some good football teams in this conference. Wisconsin is a tough football team. Ohio State is a good football team. Michigan is a good football team. There aren't any off weeks in this conference. We just need to execute to the best of our abilities and we'll be fine.

How's Taylor doing this summer? – He's gotten better. He's worked hard to make himself a better football player. He's focused. I think you're going to see a lot of improvement from Taylor this year.

On Rex Burkhead and the Heisman – I don't get into all that. Rex is the prototypical football player. He's a guy with a lot of character, a guy that is going to show up every day and work his butt off. I'm really proud of that guy. All those awards are something you guys worry about. If that happens it happens. Rex is going to be Rex.

On Montee Ball – He's a heckuva football player.

On Denard Robinson – He's a heckuva football player.

On Michigan State's defense – That's a heckuva defense they got over there.

On Urban Meyer joining the Big Ten – He's a heckuva good coach. It'll be a challenge to get ready for his team. We'll have to execute and play to the best of our abilities.

Wrap-up: Thanks guys. <walks off stage>

• Fire 4

Pelinis Presser should be Interesting! I have time to watch it today. Press: Bo how has Taylor done over the Summer? Bo: Taylor has made great improvements! Press: Bo what do you see needing to Improve this year? Bo: Every thing needs to improve for us to win games! Press: With you losing 3 starters that were drafted last year, how do you see your Defense playing! Bo: It is a learning curve and they have worked really hard over the summer! Press: Bo one of your players tweeted alot this summer and it looked like he was Starving? Can you make any comments on that? Bo: That player was taken care of! I mean, Let me explain! Press storms out of room and rushs to the printers that Nebraska has a national scandal going on! Only reporter that hangs back is Sipple!

Pretty good except you didn't talk about the "PROCESS" at all!

For those of you unable to watch Bo's version of the presser, here's this afternoon's transcript:

Intro: Look at this group. <chuckles> Missed you guys this summer. <more laughter>

Speech: I've been really proud of our team's effort over the summer. They've come in and worked hard and we've made a lot of progress. I like where we're at right now. This is a good group, a lot of high-character guys. We've made some changes to our coaching staff, with my brother Carl taking the job at Florida Atlantic and moving Coach Papuchis into the Defensive Coordinator roll. We added Coach Kaczenski and Coach Joseph in the off-season and we feel really good about what they bring to the table.

We're going to work hard this summer and get ready for the season. This team has to get more consistency. It's a process and you can't panic because things didn't work out last year. Every once in a while you have to get smacked in the face. Sometimes last year we didn't execute, we were too inconsistent. We have to have mental effort as well as physical effort because, let me tell ya, this is a physical conference. We need to execute better and play tough, physical football.

As long as you believe in what you're doing and you stay on the path that you believe in, then you're going to be fine. The problem you have is when you start letting outside pressures and outside influences change you. We're going to stay focused no matter what.

Questions:

Comment on Penn State? – I'm not commenting on that. That situation is bigger than football. I have no comment about that.

Toughest conference opponent? – All of them. All of them. There are some good football teams in this conference. Wisconsin is a tough football team. Ohio State is a good football team. Michigan is a good football team. There aren't any off weeks in this conference. We just need to execute to the best of our abilities and we'll be fine.

How's Taylor doing this summer? – He's gotten better. He's worked hard to make himself a better football player. He's focused. I think you're going to see a lot of improvement from Taylor this year.

On Rex Burkhead and the Heisman – I don't get into all that. Rex is the prototypical football player. He's a guy with a lot of character, a guy that is going to show up every day and work his butt off. I'm really proud of that guy. All those awards are something you guys worry about. If that happens it happens. Rex is going to be Rex.

On Montee Ball – He's a heckuva football player.

On Denard Robinson – He's a heckuva football player.

On Michigan State's defense – That's a heckuva defense they got over there.

On Urban Meyer joining the Big Ten – He's a heckuva good coach. It'll be a challenge to get ready for his team. We'll have to execute and play to the best of our abilities.

Wrap-up: Thanks guys. <walks off stage>

Whew, thought I was going to miss out on something. Thanks Knapp!