(2013) C/PF Akoy Agau [Georgetown Commit]

So basically we don't have anyone on the team. Great.

:facepalm:

We have two scorers that are good at slashing to the basket. We have what I believe is a very good point guard in Smith and one coming in from Chicago. What we are missing is good outside shooter and (as I said before) a big in the middle.

So, of those two, we take the one who wants to be here. We need both. As someone said, we potentially have another big coming in as a Freshman next year in either Morrow and Jacobson.

So, yes, we have players on the team. We have some very good players on the team. There are more positions than big guys in the middle and outside shooters.

We currently have a great shooter (Fuller) who barely gets off the bench because of lack of defense. We have a great shooter (White) who'll be eligible next year. We have other players who can score who can make up for not having a great shooter. There is no other way to make up for not having bigs.

I'm really not sure how people are able to say one guy wants to be here and the other doesn't. Agau already visited last week and was coming back today. Sounds like he wanted to be here pretty badly to me. Seems like the reason he hadn't committed here we because we apparently didn't want him. That's fine, but let's put the talk about who wants to be here away.

Glissman said that he talked to Akoy and he was unsure where he was going. He stated that he would like him at NE, but alluded that it probably will not be the case. He was not sure he would come back to Nebraska do to the pressure of having to be that great NE player.

Having gotten to know Akoy a little, the pressure of being the "great NE player" is something that wouldn't bither him one bit. Akoy is a very smart kid and if Pitino taught him or anyone else anything at Louisville its to look at life after basketball. Georgetown is a damn good school

And maybe he would have wanted to be here more and would have felt more comfortable if we actually wanted him.

Who said we didn't want him?

Multiple reports that he didn't have an actual offer.

And of course, it's just a huge coincidence that he commits to Georgetown on the day he's supposed to be here for another visit but he cancels his visit after we get a different commitment from another player. It definitely makes more sense that he was just stringing us along all this time and really wanted to go to Georgetown all along. Wouldn't make any sense that he really wanted to come here but had to keep other options open in case we didn't actually come through with an offer and then only committed elsewhere once we told him we didn't have room for him.

Multiple reports? I have only seen it from AA former AAU coach.

We have two scorers that are good at slashing to the basket. We have what I believe is a very good point guard in Smith and one coming in from Chicago. What we are missing is good outside shooter and (as I said before) a big in the middle.

So, of those two, we take the one who wants to be here. We need both. As someone said, we potentially have another big coming in as a Freshman next year in either Morrow and Jacobson.

So, yes, we have players on the team. We have some very good players on the team. There are more positions than big guys in the middle and outside shooters.

We currently have a great shooter (Fuller) who barely gets off the bench because of lack of defense. We have a great shooter (White) who'll be eligible next year. We have other players who can score who can make up for not having a great shooter. There is no other way to make up for not having bigs.

I'm really not sure how people are able to say one guy wants to be here and the other doesn't. Agau already visited last week and was coming back today. Sounds like he wanted to be here pretty badly to me. Seems like the reason he hadn't committed here we because we apparently didn't want him. That's fine, but let's put the talk about who wants to be here away.

Glissman said that he talked to Akoy and he was unsure where he was going. He stated that he would like him at NE, but alluded that it probably will not be the case. He was not sure he would come back to Nebraska do to the pressure of having to be that great NE player.

Having gotten to know Akoy a little, the pressure of being the "great NE player" is something that wouldn't bither him one bit. Akoy is a very smart kid and if Pitino taught him or anyone else anything at Louisville its to look at life after basketball. Georgetown is a damn good school

I never said Georgetown was not a good school, just quoting what I heard.

I never said Georgetown was not a good school, just quoting what I heard.

I wasn't trying to say you didn't. Just adding my thoughts on the situation. Probably didn't need to quote your post but I wanted to add my opinion on the NE player deal.

• 2 years later...

• 2 weeks later...